Duramax swapped Trailblazer SS...you might say why?...I say why not.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
TYhat chain has lifted no less than 40 fully dressed DMaxes.....We didnt expect it to break but I agree its a smaller chain. No one was hurt and I think the motor will live....But yeah....I was kind of dumbfounded when it happened.....Just kinda stared for a second...like WTF. :mad::confused:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Generally you can tell by looking at a chain if it's getting ready to break. The links start to stretch, right before they break they will almost have a peanut shape. All it take is just one link to be on the weak side. That is why most of the time people don't use chains for lifting things. You have to inspect every link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Well, I suppose I have let this project sit long enough....Now its time to try to finish it. I am hopefully going to finish the wire harness this week (fingers crossed) and see if I can get some sort of sense out of the last remaining items that were added that need power. Air Ride is complete. Brakes need some new minor maintenance pieces. Truck is mostly assembled. I still need to modify the trans crossmember....Again....to fit the allison trans cable mount, but for the most part the driveline is complete. Maybe, just maybe, it will run in the month of September. I basically took a one year hiatus as life was just too busy to even work on this even though it literally has a mere couple of weeks of work to finish it to a running....Wish me luck and pray..Lord knows Ill need it.

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
He's back at it working on the wiring at the moment. I'll send him a message to update on here.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Long time no talkie.....Im thinking of selling this whole or parting, If anyone is interested, let me know. This currently is finishing wiring from running with a ton of parts worth way more today than when I bought and built them......I am in home addition and remodel mode and this just keeps sitting, so If someone is interested....Id be open to talking about a full buy-it-all all deal. Good Motor, 100Over S&S Injectors new, Stroker CP3, Big Turbo, full TBSS, Built Allison 5speed, Billet convertor, Aire ride, tons of other shit......It's a smoking deal if someone wants to finish it. Hit me up.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Well. Im 100% in Part out mode.....Full project, $13K, probably 22-25K invested at the time of all purchases 6 years ago.....I know all of these parts have went up since then. One time shot.....$13K for all......in 4 weeks from now, I start parting out pieces. Im adding onto my home, this is a piece of life I dont need that can contribute to the cost of the addition. Im done.....I hope someone else can buy it whole and finish...if not, Parts it is. feel free to text me if interested at 937-269-8622. I am located in Beavercreek, OH 45432

Reactions: malibu795

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Noooooo! Damn. I was hoping to see this one finished. Hopefully someone gets it that can pick up where you left off.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Here is my Preliminary part out list.

LB7 Motor w/Reworked heads, Studs, Grade C Gaskets
S&S 100% Over Injectors, Installed but will remove, never ran
S&S 10mm Stroker CP3, Installed but never ran.
Pheonix Billet Converter
Built Allison 5spd/Fluid
Wheels, 20x8, with Tires
Hood, Scotss Trailblazer Fiberglass, New
Air Ride, Full Air Rid Technologies Trailblazer System with Shockwaves, 5Gal Tank, Dual compressors, Digital Display
CRT S468 Billet Wheeled Turbo
Intercooler, treadstone
Radio, Cant remember, but its a touchscreen Double DIN
Amp
Interior Seats, 1SS TBSS Seats, Awesome condition
LB7 ECM
LB7 FICM
TBSS Radiator/Fans, Mighty Mouse Shroud, SPAL Twin Fans
Clean OEM Headlights
Projectors Headlights
Taillights, OEM
Steering Wheel, With controls, Leather
EFI Live, from 2017, unused, Full credits
Dash Display, Cant remeber which off top of head
Trans Cooller/Fan, Ill Have to find info, but I know I paid like $200 for this
Door Panel Set
Doors
Hatch
Rocker Panels
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Grill
Tubular Crossmember
Turbosmart Race Port BOV Diesel Kit
Turbosmart 40MM Wastegates
Rear End
417 Duramax Intake Flanges
07.7+ HD Hood

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, when you figure out prices for everything, port that list over to the ForSale area in a new thread.
Sorry to see you arent going to finish the project. Good luck to you in the future.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Actually, I'm having second thoughts on this.....But I do need some Help. I would like to find someone I can trust local'ish who can finish up the wiring on this truck for me since that's all that's stopping this from running. I am located in Dayton, OH 45432, can any of you guys point me to someone reliable who can assist? Maybe we can make this thing run after all.