Duramax swapped Trailblazer SS...you might say why?...I say why not.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
OK, I Switched Hosting sites to imugur to see if this works better....Not sure why all my other pics wouldnt stay up, but Ill just make a couple posts with pics somewhat in order from the beginning, but Im not going back and explaining them since I typed it once. If I could edit the posts, Id put them in the proper places....But we know the admins feel about editing here (I still think its a Childish option to take away from the members, for these reasons right here...It ruins threads, now you know my feelings...again :thumb: ) . SO lets try this again.

LEts see if this link will take you to my album to look through. A mod or Admin can add this to the first post if they like and I will keep it open to view as I add Stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/fdB9R

Ill post a few of the newer pics now, just to get this post caught up. A lot been going on, and Im getting closer, but still a ways to go. Somethings have just taken a lot longer than I thought and I have had a lot of other stuff going on as well.

QShXqmE.jpg

TfSSTTP.jpg

ufMsaGK.jpg

Qek2p5C.jpg

mmmYPcd.jpg

bwUZqL9.jpg

TBWDxPH.jpg

JOAFGY5.jpg

Wypwsii.jpg

1zmclc5.jpg

4lE1lMS.jpg

W4ERI9j.jpg

KVgJzPa.jpg

E8q4YTq.jpg

HUObwPF.jpg

kEnYVtV.jpg

m5Yv0gx.jpg

mP18N6m.jpg

yArJ1yS.jpg

NptSXtQ.jpg

LZbjDU5.jpg

uFSJpx0.jpg

qx9cSaP.jpg

xv4BRb9.jpg

D8xhCsZ.jpg

efBDtQ2.jpg

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
Slick build. I'm almost positive there is a shorty dipstick that's basically a plug for the dip hole like on the drivers side but has a short stick. You could also find out where the markings should lie, and affix a shorty stick to an OEM plug. I'll see if I can find it. Means checking fluid from underneath but that would t bother me.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Any updates?

Its almost done with fab...but I dont have any good pics. I hope to have running within the month of May...When Im not sure. I've had a few things come up since I last posted...sold my home, moved, started a new job....all things that pretty much put a stop on the project. Its close though "fab wise"....Then we have to bolt on all the suspension, run the fuel lines (still need to either make a pickup for the OEM tank or add a Beans (which Id rather not do so nothing is below the frame), and get the harness married and working. Hopefully a couple weekends of work will get it running, even if its not pretty yet.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Heres all the newer pics I have....none are spectacular, but I just added them to the imgur album for the build with descriptions as well.

Trans Crossmember, using the OEM with a Tube center section. It wasnt off much.

bB6kvyk.jpg

hx88g83.jpg

ACSzxXE.jpg

yk6RTxb.jpg

Getting the Exhaust all welded up (no Im not doing this...I wish)

Xnf4cRB.jpg

5loLr2T.jpg

Closing in the cut OEM Y-bridge for the 3" piping we added.

9Hy0hpb.jpg

New Aluminum Coolant Tank, Fab guy was worried the OEM would melt from proximity to the exhaust.

fZdx07C.jpg

Cold side all fabbed up, just some cleanup and powder from being done there.

uZtuSn1.jpg

Ku4UjZM.jpg

Exhaust routing and coolant tank mounted, this is fender exit exhaust.

Uop2sB7.jpg

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
New Updates, brought truck home again....Now time to try to get this thing done. Anyone want to help marry the wiring into this truck...Im not sure where to start. :rofl:

Shots of exhaust without fender

M8VK2ZQ.jpg

S6qUbif.jpg

bVQlp1h.jpg

Pics of everything assembled for fitment

jUpGTlX.jpg

Checking to see if the hood Im gonna use for a while fits.
* This isnt the hood that will end up on the truck as I am making a DMAX grafted hood on an OEM TBSS hood.

ps21IzP.jpg

DzIPaAm.jpg

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Pic of my damn "TANK" oil pan.....This thing has to weight 10-12 pounds....Next time will have to use thinner metal. Was my first time trying to modify an oil pan and I went a little (read LOT) too heavy on the gauge. On the bright side, itll take a morter hit direct and not get a hole, but on the down side, if it catches anything, itll rip itself from the engine in one piece. :roflmao:

x4jJj60.jpg

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Not much new to post.....Got a set of wheels back from a guy I sold my older AWD TBSS to. He had them stored away so they were exactly like I sold them, minus the stripe I had on them. These will work for now so I can wait a bit on the 5 Lug swap so I can try to get this on the road and actually enjoy it a bit this year. Projects take soo damn long sometimes....especially ones without off the shelf parts. I should be updating this a lot in the next couple weeks as we make a final push to get the truck on its new suspension, all the body re-fitted, and the motor ready to or actually running. Then we will start the process of cleaning this thing up and making it look like something presentable. :thumb:

Heres a shot of the wheel Im gonna use and a pic of them on my old TBSS.

Vr1seqS.jpg

unaJJly.jpg