What did you do at work today?

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Had to cut some on this weight with the torch I couldn't reach with the end mill. I found where the acetylene smell was coming from.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
fc89824254e11750195276121c5e432c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
X2. I miss Directional Drilling-been a year since my last day on a rig.

Went to the shop today for the first time in weeks for a meeting to find out exactly what day I get terminated. May 31st the paycheque stops and I'll be unemployed.

That sucks, my friend just got terminated last week from leam directional services. I've had a few friends who are company men got laid off last month.

I wish this shit would hurry up and start picking back up. I'm on the last rig left my company has in the Appalachian division, work looks promising for now, but you know how that goes.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
All to well.

Last time I checked there was only 38 rigs working in Canada of about 1000. Frac, Coil and Cement companies along with the services that go along with each are really suffering. Even service rig count is way down.

I got a few irons in the fire, unfortunately all involve relocating and out of the oilfield but that's what a guy has to do these days to keep afloat.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Was told 4430 hahai just do what im told lol came in just like this. About a 87 i believe was what the guy who brought it in said

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Naturally aspirated and a complete time consumer xD i have a duramax project to finish but we dont have many slow days anymore

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Working on some new plastic seal rings for these stainless ball valves. That's a 7/8" wrench laying there for reference.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Shane, what kind of a shop do you work at?

Yesterday I was a bit unproductive... Dealt with surveyor traveling 3hrs to a site for nothing due to rain - he is terrible about not checking the weather prior to heading to a job site. 8-hrs, plus vehicle mileage plus a couple meals/per diem I'll have to eat because he didn't check the weather prior to leaving. Ugh. Besides that, I just verified some design work & survey data was below permitted max. elevations.

Today I've updated some in-house construction unit cost tracking spreadsheets that we use for financial assurance estimating purposes. Now I'm working on a response letter to the State for a completed construction project. Kinda boring. I prefer doing design work.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Shane, what kind of a shop do you work at?

Yesterday I was a bit unproductive... Verified some design work & survey data was below a permitted max. elevation. Today I've updated some in-house construction unit cost tracking spreadsheets. Now I'm working on a response letter to the State for a completed construction project. Kinda boring. I prefer doing design work.

Machine shop, it's a small one. Me and one other guy in the shop. I run a 3 axis milling machine and do all our welding and he runs the 2 axis lathe. We have 2 lathes, 3 mills, surface grinder and of course a couple welders. We do a lot of prototype work and custom parts.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
All to well.

Last time I checked there was only 38 rigs working in Canada of about 1000. Frac, Coil and Cement companies along with the services that go along with each are really suffering. Even service rig count is way down.

I got a few irons in the fire, unfortunately all involve relocating and out of the oilfield but that's what a guy has to do these days to keep afloat.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I've worked with a lot of guys, quite a few of which I keep contact with and they are all either in construction or doing multiple jobs under the table, one went to selling cars at a lot and a couple on work over rigs.

My best friend was snitched on my his Derrickhand for taking fuel thinking he'd get his job and was fired, I took his place (not by choice), and I fired the Derrickhand of coarse, but he now travels as far as 11-13 hours from home and will be working 300+ days a year with no time to finish his house or anything.

Service rigs are slow here, but this time of year there are almost as many of them out as drilling rigs due to either frac them or plug them laws in wv, and the pa guys are getting them online just to keep some money coming in.