What's your fastest.....

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread I just have a question to all you full time mechanics. How long is is it going to take me to put my pump rub kit in from a creeper with a 3 year old trying to help me?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
concidering we dont you your mechanical skills and tool set, very hard to judge a time.

i can pull the back half of a case off without pulling the t-case but i bent up a set of snap ring pliers to get to the top snap ring and get the cover off.

you will need to pull the t-case to see the snap ring im talking about. might be able to drop the trans crossmember and lower the back of the trans/t-case enough to get a set of reg pliers in there but ive not done that in years and the last one i did was my truck which is lifted and had the t-bar drop bracket on it.

i take that back, if you dad has an ultimate set of tools in his van, should be able to do it in 2 hours

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
concidering we dont you your mechanical skills and tool set, very hard to judge a time.

i can pull the back half of a case off without pulling the t-case but i bent up a set of snap ring pliers to get to the top snap ring and get the cover off.

you will need to pull the t-case to see the snap ring im talking about. might be able to drop the trans crossmember and lower the back of the trans/t-case enough to get a set of reg pliers in there but ive not done that in years and the last one i did was my truck which is lifted and had the t-bar drop bracket on it.

Mechanic skills are pretty good. Put a 350 in a '74 CJ5 I had and when I put the SM465/NP205 in I had the cut the Jeep in half and stretch it a foot to get it in, lol. Also put a complete 3/4 Dodge running gear under a '88 Toyota extended cab pickup. Axles, motor, tranny everything. I'm not worried at all about the the transfer case, I want to take it out anyway so I can clean it good. I just was wondering what kinda time frame I should expect. I will start on it on a Friday after work and finish it on a Saturday, with him helping, lol. Thank you for your response.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mechanic skills are pretty good. Put a 350 in a '74 CJ5 I had and when I put the SM465/NP205 in I had the cut the Jeep in half and stretch it a foot to get it in, lol. Also put a complete 3/4 Dodge running gear under a '88 Toyota extended cab pickup. Axles, motor, tranny everything. I'm not worried at all about the the transfer case, I want to take it out anyway so I can clean it good. I just was wondering what kinda time frame I should expect. I will start on it on a Friday after work and finish it on a Saturday, with him helping, lol. Thank you for your response.

yeah russ has a good time frame for ya then

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Took me about 4 hours to do an egr bloker plate on a LMM.... That's a record right?
I couldn't pry the sumbitch apart....

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014

i take that back, if you dad has an ultimate set of tools in his van, should be able to do it in 2 hours

But you also must own a pair of Vans for that James :hug: sorry I just couldn't help myself.:rolleyes:

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Here's a few photos of the ole Jeep and Toyodge and I'll leave it alone. Most people didn't even notice the Jeep had been cut and stretched through the middle of the door.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Took me about 4 hours to do an egr bloker plate on a LMM.... That's a record right?
I couldn't pry the sumbitch apart....

You got to mine in about 3 mins. I fuc**d with it for a good hour before you came by. Something about having catchers gloves for hands and not being able to turn a wrench in that tight of a space:D

I did pull off a wheel bearing swap on the side of I-15 in about 25 mins. Not too shabby for having to unpack toolbags and run up that damn factory jack for 10 mins just to reach the control arm:rofl:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Engine on stand through grille in 3 hours from turning the key off.. Usually 4hours to pull and have it on a stand..
Dustin wade and I pulled broke engine swapped accessories, then installed new engine in 11-12hours from key off to starting. With some BS in there