fitting T6 turbo

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
i know this isn't the correct spot but i'm sure another sled puller has tried it. Everything fits but the only issue with it is turbo hits the fuel pressure sensor turbo is S400 based 1.32 T6 housing can I relocate the sensor somewhere else? motor is an 01 LB7 thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yeah, you definitely have to keep the rail pressure sensor.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
A remote mount is probably your best option. I know when I tried fitting a HX60 and my Precsion in the valley I would have had to cut up the fire wall or put in a body lift to make it fit. You would probably need custom high pressure line's made to move the junction block the sensor plugs into.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Or could the sensor be moved to the rear of the passenger side fuel rail? The wire harness would probably need to be lengthened.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
A remote mount is probably your best option. I know when I tried fitting a HX60 and my Precsion in the valley I would have had to cut up the fire wall or put in a body lift to make it fit. You would probably need custom high pressure line's made to move the junction block the sensor plugs into.

After all the money I spent on this thing this winter that isn't an option especially with the first points hook less than 2 weeks away

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
There has been an S400-based T6 charger in the valley before. Have you swapped pedestals since owning it, Rich? I don't remember any fitment issues on that one or Mike's. Maybe they moved sensors and I wasn't aware of it though?

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
There has been an S400-based T6 charger in the valley before. Have you swapped pedestals since owning it, Rich? I don't remember any fitment issues on that one or Mike's. Maybe they moved sensors and I wasn't aware of it though?
When I bought it Garrick had his s475 t4 charger on it the t6 piece was off mikes truck

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I just looked at mine Rich, you should be able to put it in the rear of the rail, may have to just lengthen some wires then just plug the distribution block

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Sorry Rich, I did not read correctly your first post. I had no issues with fitting that setup on a lly. Not sure how diff lb7 location is?

The LLY rail has the sensor mounted in the middle of the passenger's side rail. That might be an option. I think the injector line ports are spaced the same as the LB7, but I've never laid them side by side to check that. Something to look at anyway.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433875814.448776.jpg this is what's in the back of my pass side rail now that rubber line leads into the ficm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433875814.448776.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433875814.448776.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 68

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
The LLY rail has the sensor mounted in the middle of the passenger's side rail. That might be an option. I think the injector line ports are spaced the same as the LB7, but I've never laid them side by side to check that. Something to look at anyway.

Not even close, I tried to do that with mine, tried them every which way and no luck.

Rich, I'll snap a picture of mine when I get home, I think my return is different.

I was told the problem with mine is the orange valve covers.....could be similar? Lol

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
View attachment 38452 this is what's in the back of my pass side rail now that rubber line leads into the ficm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just re read this....take those lines out and run the ficm dry, that should free up some space and that spot would be open. I don't think you will have a problem being its a puller only, mines been dry with no problems. I think I have a plug to plug the distribution block if you need one.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Just re read this....take those lines out and run the ficm dry, that should free up some space and that spot would be open. I don't think you will have a problem being its a puller only, mines been dry with no problems. I think I have a plug to plug the distribution block if you need one.

I don't need to run fuel through the ficm?