Question: Called out by an ecoboost

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
A guy with an ecoboost on a local car club facebook page wants to run my dmax. Im not sure what mods he has but he says he wants to race for money. He even said he would put it on the "stock tune" to make it interesting. His is 4x4 but from the picture he posted up it looks like stock exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with this matchup?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
everyone runs their mouth on facebook anymore... if he actually lines up to race, it would be surprising.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
CC/SB 4x4 ecoboost with intercooler, full exhaust and intake running a max effort tune will be mid 13's. Water meth will be low 13's to high 12's.

They run damn good for just a few mods! ;)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
CC/SB 4x4 ecoboost with intercooler, full exhaust and intake running a max effort tune will be mid 13's. Water meth will be low 13's to high 12's.

Yep, I ran about a 110 back from Anchorage last summer with an ecoboost In the TBSS... He couldn't get away from me and I couldn't get away from him. Pretty impressive I thought.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Didn't know that.. I woukd have lost some $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
this is his truck. looks like stock exhaust from the pic. so maybe its just a tune only truck.

Attachments

• ecoboost.jpg
    ecoboost.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 456

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
As an old street racer, I would not put money on a race until I saw the car run. Even then, a smart street racer shows only enough to win.

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
My co-worker was talking smack about his rc/sb ecoboost, exhaust & tune. Not sure if it was 4wd or not. Finally lined up on the street. I was in 4wd. I dusted him stoplight to stoplight. He tried all different things to win, from a dig, 35 roll, 45 roll.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I ran one in my Cc/lb... 1000lbs of shit in the bed and he wasn't passing me. We were door to door up to about 80 when I lifted. Truck has a 50hp tune and an exhaust.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Be carefull. There is always something out there that will clean your clock and take your money.;):D

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
As an old street racer, I would not put money on a race until I saw the car run. Even then, a smart street racer shows only enough to win.
Wise words.

On the other hand. Win or lose it will be fun. Don't bet anything you may regret.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
If he knows what you have done to yours and won't tell you about his, I wouldn't bother for money. If you both have your cards laid on the table for the other guy to see though...different story.

I've raced at the track and gave just enough to get others to race me then whoop them. It's like fishing, only you make money instead of catching food.

Do a little digging. If he races see if you can find videos and times. You have more done to your truck then me and I've ran 13.2**'s. Depending on mods it might come down to driver skill.

If you do race, have fun.