6.7 PStroke

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
So due to the fact that my grandmother has worked for Ford for 25 years she qualifies for the Ford A plan. Which is extended to family as well.... Which means I am considering buying a new 6.7 Powerstroke. I also like Ford and have had good luck with my Ford car that I use for mileage commuting. I know this is a Duramax site but I just wanted some input has anyone ever worked on or around one. What are some things that I should know before hand. I know that there are a few people on here with one... Pls don't disown me! :thumb:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I personally think the new 6.7 is a solid motor. And their new transmission looks to be pretty solid as well, as long as you keep the power reasonable. Depending on the deal you'll get, it could well be the right choice.

That said, you can pry my LB7 from my cold, dead fingers :p

blitzin247

That didn't sound good...
Feb 9, 2013
Everywhere
They are great trucks. Quite honestly I would buy one. The 6.7 is a powerhouse with great economy and great promise for holding power. Lets not forget about the ride quality though, that still sucks. :)

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
My wife has a 13' King Ranch 350. It is a nice truck. I don't mind it @ all. It has hs and all deletes seems to get decent mileage. I may wind up buying one for myself someday but till then you can pry my Lb7 and Lmm from my cold dead fingers lol!

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
I still like the LB7 I have I just want something newer, I guess lol! And the a plan usually involves a saving of 20 - 25k dollars! You end up getting it for what it costs Ford to build it!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
They are great trucks. Quite honestly I would buy one. The 6.7 is a powerhouse with great economy and great promise for holding power. Lets not forget about the ride quality though, that still sucks. :)

This. I really like my 11' and have had really good luck with it. It is deleted, and I have never had it in the shop. 65,000 on it now. The ride quality will make you pissed coming from a gm, but once you get over that, you'll love it.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I really enjoy working on them and racing mine. They have the same fuel system as a duramax and other than bow ties and ovals arent much different than a dmax with a 6l90e.
The 15's have the better turbo and bigger cp4.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I really enjoy working on them and racing mine. They have the same fuel system as a duramax and other than bow ties and ovals arent much different than a dmax with a 6l90e.
The 15's have the better turbo and bigger cp4.

Well they had to copy a design that actually works. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
We are open minded here! I'd buy one for that amount of savings. Run it a few years and sell it to still break even or close to it.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
We are open minded here! I'd buy one for that amount of savings. Run it a few years and sell it to still break even or close to it.

That's another thing that makes me want to. Hell if I don't like it, I can sell it still come out ahead and come back to Duramax! But I have rode in a local farmers and they do ride rough!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The 15 has a whole new stronger bottom end Ben 11-14 are like lbz

Everything I can find says revised crankshaft and revised "piston assembly". I cant find anything that definitively states if the rods themselves were updated.

11-14 might be like LBZ as far as size, but due to the high torque those things make down low, they are bending a lower hp level than LBZ...

Summitlly

Motorsport Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2013
MI
I've heard they have issues with EGT probes going bad and shutting the truck down. Not limping, no go. This was on 11'and up. Ford hasn't recalled as of yet. Again I have no first hand experience.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Everything I can find says revised crankshaft and revised "piston assembly". I cant find anything that definitively states if the rods themselves were updated.

11-14 might be like LBZ as far as size, but due to the high torque those things make down low, they are bending a lower hp level than LBZ...

The crankshaft main bearings changed for 2015. That is the only difference I have found and I have had the parts in hand.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
I've heard they have issues with EGT probes going bad and shutting the truck down. Not limping, no go. This was on 11'and up. Ford hasn't recalled as of yet. Again I have no first hand experience.

Sorry I couldn't help it Scrapbook_1421905045369.jpg
Also I think the water pumps need changed often because they cause cavitation they erode something and leak. Also There was a thread in general discussion http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62207
This thread changed my thoughts on the 6.4 and 6.7. And 6.0 I thought it was the worst one.

Attachments

• Scrapbook_1421905045369.jpg
    Scrapbook_1421905045369.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 93