Torklift Superhitch

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Not cheap, but looks very well built. All 1/4" steel and grade 8 hardware.
15,000lbs Max Trailer
1,500lbs Max Tongue
I hope it fits around the 4" exhaust...should find out this weekend.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hitch 1.JPG
    Hitch 1.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Hitch 2.JPG
    Hitch 2.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Hitch 3.JPG
    Hitch 3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Hitch 4.JPG
    Hitch 4.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 173

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
15,000lbs Max Trailer
1,500lbs Max Tongue

...these are dead weights. If you use weight distributing the ratings are higher.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Are you going to mount it as far forward as possible?

This will hold your hitch height better when the front lifts. Most organizations are "hook is furthest point back" on the truck. Dunno where Craig got those weirdo rules from. :D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Are you going to mount it as far forward as possible?

This will hold your hitch height better when the front lifts. Most organizations are "hook is furthest point back" on the truck. Dunno where Craig got those weirdo rules from. :D

unlike a 4x4 were you would want the hitch as close to the rear axle as possible...

on second thought.... i not excatly sure how it would effect a 2wd setup.

part say keep it stock location greater distance between axle and hitch makes it easier to load the rear axle and pull the front up.
other part says move it closer which could possible put more mech load on the axle but would be more tempermental on getting the front end up

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
unlike a 4x4 were you would want the hitch as close to the rear axle as possible...

on second thought.... i not excatly sure how it would effect a 2wd setup.

part say keep it stock location greater distance between axle and hitch makes it easier to load the rear axle and pull the front up.
other part says move it closer which could possible put more mech load on the axle but would be more tempermental on getting the front end up

You want the hitch as close as it legal to the axle for sled pulling.

The higher the hitch point is, the more the truck can lift the front the sled. The closer the hitch is to the axle, the harder it is to push down.

Even for normal towing, you are more stable and can tow heavier before exceed RAWR if you mount forward.

The only downside is turning radius.

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i would love to see some pictures of that installed. I am now in the market for a new reciever and this one looks real stout.

Let us know how it fits and if it will work with larger exhausts

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
...The only downside is turning radius.

Yeap...thanks for the reminder...I need all the turning radius I can get with the TT. Of course an extension would solve that issue also.

i would love to see some pictures of that installed. I am now in the market for a new reciever and this one looks real stout.

Let us know how it fits and if it will work with larger exhausts

I will, with pic's. But I'm not sure if I will get to it this weekend.

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
To start off. Here is why I'm replacing the stock hitch. It's bent and pin holes are starting to oval.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is a shot of the clearance for the exhaust. It's a "ghetto" 4". I have just over a 1/4" gape. I wanted more but the exhaust wouldn't cooperate...yet! There's lots of room for the exhaust, but you may have to adjust the exhaust pipe to clear the hitch plate.

attachment.php

The cross member is heavy but very balance. It was very easy to lift with the floor jack and line-up with the bolts in the plate.

attachment.php

For the other side I reinstalled the stock bolt (per the instructions). Then swung it out of the way, lined up the cross member with the bolts, pushed it all together and bolted it up.
Note; The instructions say to tighten the bolts to 75 ft lbs. Then re-tighten them to 100 ft lbs. The ribs in the carriage bolts stripped way before I got to 75, more like 50 ft lbs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One thing I didn't like is the trailer plug. Looks like an after thought to me. Could have been done better/different. There is only 1 bolt, off center, holding it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

All done...except for the stuff I'm going to re-due (Carriage bolts, exhaust and plug) in the near future.

attachment.php

Also...the hitch mounts to the frame using 10 (Grade 8) bolts total. 5 on a side. The cross member bolts to the mounting plates with 8 (Grade 5) bolts. 4 on a side.
The top reciever ended up 3/4" higher than the stock hitch on my truck.
The gape between the back of the cross member and my Mag-Hytec is 30.5". The tire you see in the pic's is for my TT. The spare H2 never did fit under there.

Attachments

• Hitch 5.JPG
    Hitch 5.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Hitch 6.JPG
    Hitch 6.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Hitch 7.JPG
    Hitch 7.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Hitch 8.JPG
    Hitch 8.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Hitch 9.JPG
    Hitch 9.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Hitch 10.JPG
    Hitch 10.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 124
  • Hitch 11.JPG
    Hitch 11.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Hitch 12.JPG
    Hitch 12.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Hitch 13.JPG
    Hitch 13.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Hitch 14.JPG
    Hitch 14.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Hitch 15.JPG
    Hitch 15.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 125

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
More than twice as strong:D
The hitch is designed for bed campers. You can get a 4' extension with a 600lb tongue or 6000lb trailer rating (1,200/12000 using weight distribution).

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
hell i need one of these :rofl: after all that pullin mine is starting to bend, im just waiting for it to snap on of these times im hooked and goin down the track.

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
The hitch uses a total of 18 bolts.
10 (grade 8) to mount to the frame
and
8 (Grade 5) (carriage) bolts to mount the cross member to the braces. My plan is to replace these with Grade 8.