Question: Who makes the revised firing order camshaft???

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Agreed

I agree but sucks that some won't tell what your getting.
LSM does them also, and will also share all can grind specs and info... No one is reinventing the wheel on a "magic" "one off" grind that is superior to everyone else's cams can possibly be ground at, lol.

I personally wouldn't buy any cam that specs aren't discussed in advance. No one in their right mind would buy a big block or small block can without knowing what they are purchasing...

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
And Eric Staab at No Limit Manufacturing does them also, but last I talked to him he didn't have any billet cores yet and his altered firing order is a tool steel cam, which is through hardened capable and is still only around $1200... So for someone to want same money for a billet core cam is pretty outrageous considering he's starting from scratch and charging that. The billet cores are "mass produced" in larger runs to reduce cost and can only be surface hardened after grinding. Which is standard procedure, but just something to think about when looking at people's prices...

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
How many are are in use

Wonder how many are using alternate firing order cams. I guess the question should be who is using the cam and how is it working out. If there are only 50 of them out and we are all still in the build phase that would make sence that no one has broke a crank yet....

Not that anyone has admitted

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wonder how many are using alternate firing order cams. I guess the question should be who is using the cam and how is it working out. If there are only 50 of them out and we are all still in the build phase that would make sence that no one has broke a crank yet....

Good question(s)

You should start a dedicated thread asking about it :D

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Forums

I get tired of asking stuff or commenting on stuff on here. I get a lot of the this trend is a year old why are you posting on it, or the industry is changing, the best is do a search. You don't think I have not exp when I stated in the new trend.. I have done a search but not having any luck what are thoughts and opinions on..... The funny part is the people that comment smart ass comments prob don't have trucks.

Good question(s)

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You got that right. There sure us a lot of Tue sarcasm when people ask about experiences from others. Its the secret squirrel syndrome. .

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I understand a lot of the questions repeat them selfs. But it's not inviting when someone posts and some smart ass has a comment that does not matter. Anyways let's get back to the trend on the cams. Didn't mean to take over the trend.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I get tired of asking stuff or commenting on stuff on here. I get a lot of the this trend is a year old why are you posting on it, or the industry is changing, the best is do a search. You don't think I have not exp when I stated in the new trend.. I have done a search but not having any luck what are thoughts and opinions on..... The funny part is the people that comment smart ass comments prob don't have trucks.

Woah there partner.....:stop:

Sorry you're so up tight, but your definitely barking up the wrong tree....

Starting a new thread, with a specific and pointed question, that in itself embodies the knowledge found through reading and searching, goes a really long way...

I almost started the thread myself Sherlock, but I didn't want to jack the idea from you, so I suggested you start it yourself...

If you hadn't noticed, btw, I started by saying "good question(s)"

And let's not start with the childish bs remarks of, oh, you don't have a truck, cuz you're not just answering my questions....:baby:

Last edited:

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
I know, that's why I sent you the PM.. I don't knows a don't want to know how much I have wrapped up into my truck and for someone to tell me it's never going to work.. Thanks.

My point is this. If you are going to say something in an open forum that you later regret enough to make you want to do damage control (notice I didn't say apologize). Then rather than send a PM, go ahead and make amends in the open forum also. Sorry for the derail. Carry on.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I have run SoCal cams in both of my race cars all last season. One had the alt. firing order cam, one did not. These alt. cams run/idle the same as standard so if you like a grind, switching to an alt. firing order in the same grind will give same results.

So the engine with the alternate firing order cam after a season, no problems with the crank. The other engine with the standard cam, had a crack that showed when Fluxing.

Perfect test? Maybe not but both my SoCal race engine has the alternate firing order cams in them now.

My .02

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I have run SoCal cams in both of my race cars all last season. One had the alt. firing order cam, one did not. These alt. cams run/idle the same as standard so if you like a grind, switching to an alt. firing order in the same grind will give same results.

So the engine with the alternate firing order cam after a season, no problems with the crank. The other engine with the standard cam, had a crack that showed when Fluxing.

Perfect test? Maybe not but both my SoCal race engine has the alternate firing order cams in them now.

My .02

Thanks Rob.... I'm running one in my truck this year as well because of your success with them.

Can't wait to see the camino rock out this year with fuel on board!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

I agree!

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Come out wrong

I think my comment in that came out wrong.. I didn't mean it to sound like you didn't have a truck or have no idea what your taking abt. I appreciate all the help. There are some on here that's advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt and you need to make sure you the person asking the questions are getting advice from a reputable source. Sorry if that came out as me being unprofessional.

Woah there partner.....:stop:

Sorry you're so up tight, but your definitely barking up the wrong tree....

Starting a new thread, with a specific and pointed question, that in itself embodies the knowledge found through reading and searching, goes a really long way...

I almost started the thread myself Sherlock, but I didn't want to jack the idea from you, so I suggested you start it yourself...

If you hadn't noticed, btw, I started by saying "good question(s)"

And let's not start with the childish bs remarks of, oh, you don't have a truck, cuz you're not just answering my questions....:baby:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

Good question(s)

This was a serious comment, and I started a thread about AF cams afterward:D

Not everything is intended to be sarcasm, when it's not an answer...but I understand being defensive when all you're trying to do is gain info, and the only answers you seem to get are "do a search" I've been there and asked all the wrong questions at all the wrong times, jacking threads, sometimes posting and basically talking to myself. Unfortunately for me, and the members of the DD community, I don't stop, shut up or give up, and learning how to communicate and navigate the forum has been a bumpy road to say the least...just look at my post count...:roflmao:
I've been told to GTFO, STFU, go back to DF, everything, if there's anyone that's going to be real with you, it's me...

On that note, I know nothing, I'm as green as the next guy and you're right, take what you read with a grain of salt, be diligent and do your research, pick up the phone and talk to shops who are willing to talk back, just remember who was good to you when your making purchases:thumb:

Alternate firing cams have only been available to "us" for a year, so there's not a whole lot of threads about them, or information on them, other than they've not been found in an engine with a broken crank, fwiw...

I understand a lot of the questions repeat them selfs. But it's not inviting when someone posts and some smart ass has a comment that does not matter. Anyways let's get back to the trend on the camsDidn't mean to take over the trend.

Sir, if you reread what you posted, it's pretty easy to see why I responded the way I did, thank you for clearing up your disposition about it. I just want to be clear I'm trying to help in whatever feeble way I can, most of us here are, good luck and happy hunting:hug:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Alternate firing cams have only been available to "us" for a year, so there's not a whole lot of threads about them, or information on them, other than they've not been found in an engine with a broken crank, fwiw...
I'm pretty sure alternate fire cams have been out for more than a year.