Where to hide nitrous bottle?

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Mines under the back seat, Wisconsinhick could you put pics up of it in the center consoul? I'd love to see how you did it!! What size bottle? I've got a 10lb zex bottle

Sorry man that was about 5 years ago now I never took any pictures. I should have tho because I went a long way to hide everything! Yes it was a 10lb bottle.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Plenty of people run nitrous on stock motors. You just can't be greedy and run a massive jet. And you need to be ready to rebuild it if it does pop:roflmao:

Yea I'm guessing 50% or more of the people that run nitrous on a stock bottom end end up blowing their motor :D or at least that's what I would do I'm sure

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Yea I'm guessing 50% or more of the people that run nitrous on a stock bottom end end up blowing their motor :D or at least that's what I would do I'm sure
The beauty of nitrous on a diesel is that if you don't have the fuel to burn the nitrous won't add that much power. It will still increase cylinder pressure but it can only make as much power as your cp3, injectors, and tune will support. I sprayed a 75 shot on the dyno with my single pump and 4094 and only made 40 extra hp. Now with dual pumps and a 125 shot(no tuning change) comp D's horspower calculator shows closer to 125 added horsepower.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
If it blows the diaphram while you are in the truck, hold your breath and get to the shoulder quickly, and door open fast. It will only takes seconds to remove the oxygen in the cab. One deep breath, and you're unconscious.

You mean it wouldn't be like the scene from black sheep :roflmao:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Most the people I know who have popped a stock engine with a bottle have been multi-drug users. Nitrous+Meth+Propane is particularly lethal.

My question is why use nitrous unless your shooting for major hp... Wouldn't it be safer to make 800 hp with just fuel than have 700 hp with a 100hp shot of nitrous

Do people do it because they run out of air and don't want to go with a larger turbo setup?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
My question is why use nitrous unless your shooting for major hp... Wouldn't it be safer to make 800 hp with just fuel than have 700 hp with a 100hp shot of nitrous
Aftermarket pumps, injectors and turbos are expensive. You can rig up a killer cocktail of injectables for cheap! And for the guys with aftermarket stuff, sometimes you don't want a bigger turbo due to spool up on the street. So, you spray it a little bit at the track to gain the extra ponies.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Aftermarket pumps, injectors and turbos are expensive. You can rig up a killer cocktail of injectables for cheap! And for the guys with aftermarket stuff, sometimes you don't want a bigger turbo due to spool up on the street. So, you spray it a little bit at the track to gain the extra ponies.

Gotcha :)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Do people do it because they run out of air and don't want to go with a larger turbo setup?

A big charger affects drivability, nitrous does not. And it's cheap.

Nitrous makes power 2 ways:

It cools the intake charge so it's denser, and it creates more available oxygen to combust.

Unlike a gas engine, nitrous can't detonate in a diesel, nor can you lean it out and burn up the valves and pistons. Far safer on a diesel than a gasser.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
This is how I mounted them in my 7.3L Ford... And yes, I did run blow-down tubes to vent them outside the cab

37890_1518834286336_2765204_n.jpg

60864_1607445861570_3506933_n.jpg

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
If it blows the diaphram while you are in the truck, hold your breath and get to the shoulder quickly, and door open fast. It will only takes seconds to remove the oxygen in the cab. One deep breath, and you're unconscious.

A little nitrous fog in the cab? Sounds like a good time! :woott:

I had 100+ 12 second fuel only passes and spraying it 4 passes did in my head gasket. :(

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah