Where to hide nitrous bottle?

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Post up pics where you guys put your nitrous bottles!! I can't seem to think of any sneaky spots to put mine..

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I am mounted in the bed right now, but I think I'm going to investigate what I have for room under the rear seats or possibly behind them. Hopefully some people have some good ideas here.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I also have mine in the bed. Been throwing around the idea of mounting it under the seat though but still haven't made the decision yet.

standy

Jun 22, 2009
Royal Oak, Mi.
Mine is in a rubbermade style toolbox in the bed- the kind that you would use to put your tie downs and misc. tools in. Nobody ever suspects a thing....and sneaky tricks are the norm here in Detroit where steet racing is huge.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I made a bracket that put it under the bed, passenger side, in front of the rear tires. Safe, legal, and hard to spot.

This was on Big Blue though about 9 years ago. Blue is a Long Bed.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I made a bracket that put it under the bed, passenger side, in front of the rear tires. Safe, legal, and hard to spot.

This was on Big Blue though about 9 years ago. Blue is a Long Bed.

that was my first idea. then i just put it in the bed

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Mines under the back seat, Wisconsinhick could you put pics up of it in the center consoul? I'd love to see how you did it!! What size bottle? I've got a 10lb zex bottle

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Remember for safety: Have the blowout plumbed to outside the cab. While rare, we had a nitrous bottle blow the diaphram while it was stored in the shell on the truck. Scared the crap out of us, but could have been really dangerous (asphxiation)

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
Mines only in my truck while I'm at the track. But anything could happen I suppose!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If it blows the diaphram while you are in the truck, hold your breath and get to the shoulder quickly, and door open fast. It will only takes seconds to remove the oxygen in the cab. One deep breath, and you're unconscious.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
If it blows the diaphram while you are in the truck, hold your breath and get to the shoulder quickly, and door open fast. It will only takes seconds to remove the oxygen in the cab. One deep breath, and you're unconscious.

That's freaky... If it's in your bed and it blows are you safe though?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
That's freaky... If it's in your bed and it blows are you safe though?

Yes, anywhere outside the cab is safe. Nitrous is not flammable, but breathing it can kill you.

There is a thin wafer (diaphram) that bursts when the pressure gets too high. This happens if you leave the bottle heater on, or have it in direct sunlight. White is the best bottle color. However, they have burst before at normal pressures, which is what happened to us. The DA was really high (11,000') which makes the diaphram easier to blow.

So when you mount it in a cab, you put a line on the safety port, then plumb it outside (floor).