Notice: I will be away until the monday after thanksgivng!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Is this any help?

(Ben Tyler) still dont have any ****ing internet here

havent been able to get on the forums in forevarrr

(Me)
oh, people are going apeshit over you not being on DD

Ben Tyler

yeah ive tried to let people know,

I told kyle (dmaxfireman) to let everyone know that im working as fast as I can to get back online

everything out here moves slower

people drive slower

UPS misses shipping delivery dates

Ben Tyler

OPTIMUM ONLINE sucks at setting up our internetz

I specifically made a thread explaining that Im gonna be in and out the next couple weeks until I get moved

I understand peoples frustration completely

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Anniversary celebration!!

It's been 2 months since I paid $114 for a product, and now it's quite clear I'm not getting it. I mean is there really a chance? WTF Ben, you're a smart guy but a shitty businessman. Is there any other thing to say?

I'm having a tough time eating this right now.

I waited almost 6 months for Paul (turbo-buick) to get me a LBZ EGR delete, while my truck sat, in the garage, for 6 months.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
oh i get it just seen he messeages on fb just curious why he cant email to??? like i said he may have been getting to people (hence my ? not saying he is or isnt not getting to peoples orders) but i dont want to order my stuff and be one of the angry customers:eek:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Got a text from Ben yesterday, still no interwebz

Once he is up and running, I proposed me being a distributor of his products. I will hold a small stock and handle orders and have wiring diagrams / troubleshooting info on hand for customers. That way Ben can focus on R&D and building the controllers tapshifts etc.

Simply, I have it in my possession you place the order and pay i ship it out. I don't have it then no order is placed or payment sent until I have it to send out.

I am trying to be the mediator in this situation, Ben is absolutely brilliant but his customer service suffers due to lack of time in a day to fill both roles. I think that if I take care of the sales and customer end I can keep Ben happy (not having to deal with it) and keep all of you guys happy with a great product from BTDieselworks.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Something has to happen because this happens far to often.I want to order a box but it will take a long time with no complaints before I do.I'm not gonna be left out to dry.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i have 3G verison 95% of the place i went in wyoming and 99% of the time had some sort of service..

maybe the tech savy person should get with the program.... just saying....

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida

Once he is up and running, I proposed me being a distributor of his products. I will hold a small stock and handle orders and have wiring diagrams / troubleshooting info on hand for customers. That way Ben can focus on R&D and building the controllers tapshifts etc. That would be awesome

Simply, I have it in my possession you place the order and pay i ship it out. I don't have it then no order is placed or payment sent until I have it to send out.

I am trying to be the mediator in this situation, As always Ben is absolutely brilliant but his customer service suffers due to lack of time in a day to fill both roles. I think that if I take care of the sales and customer end I can keep Ben happy (not having to deal with it) and keep all of you guys happy with a great product from BTDieselworks. I hope he is smart enough to see what a wonderful option this is
Ben has always come through, it takes awhile sometimes...lol
I've only been waiting since Scheids this year :thumb:
Good things take time
Thank You Kyle for offering this :hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
i have 3G verison 95% of the place i went in wyoming and 99% of the time had some sort of service..

maybe the tech savy person should get with the program.... just saying....

x2!!
Who runs a BB anyways let alone a 3 y/o one? Even still in this day and age with 3g,4g,LTE, Wi/Fi for free with your laptop at FN McDonalds there is no excuse for someone to not answer emails or vm's/texts. And then to post on FB and not go on the mobile version of this site to answer PM's? Give me a break. FN insulting to those needing help, waiting for products paid for and not recieved.
Simply put-I see it as piss poor product and customer support.
I wouldn't buy a resistor from clowns that pull this shit!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
x2!!
Who runs a BB anyways let alone a 3 y/o one? Even still in this day and age with 3g,4g,LTE, Wi/Fi for free with your laptop at FN McDonalds there is no excuse for someone to not answer emails or vm's/texts. And then to post on FB and not go on the mobile version of this site to answer PM's? Give me a break. FN insulting to those needing help, waiting for products paid for and not recieved.
Simply put-I see it as piss poor product and customer support.
I wouldn't buy a resistor from clowns that pull this shit!

hell all the major cities have 2-4 major truck stop that sell internet for 7 bucks for 24h period..for as resourceful as he can be(seen the results) he is severally lacking

honestly i dont care how good any product is.. if i cant recieve it to use it in a reasonable and prompt timeframe i might as well do with out and spend the money else where.

i understand and can work with production delays, one man shop operations with 2-3 man work loads, supply difficulties etc.. what i cannot stand is lies and given the run around, flat out no communication etc i woulnt do buisness with them..

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working

Once he is up and running, I proposed me being a distributor of his products. I will hold a small stock and handle orders and have wiring diagrams / troubleshooting info on hand for customers. That way Ben can focus on R&D and building the controllers tapshifts etc.

I am trying to be the mediator in this situation, Ben is absolutely brilliant but his customer service suffers due to lack of time in a day to fill both roles. I think that if I take care of the sales and customer end I can keep Ben happy (not having to deal with it) and keep all of you guys happy with a great product from BTDieselworks.

I have a tech question in regards to a lockup controller that isn't holding lock. Can you perhaps answer a tech question. I'll ask in pm if you'll be kind enough to respond. I asked Ben October 23 (which was well before his move) and still haven't seen an answer.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ok everyone Im finally back with internet.

Im now in Jackson, Wyoming.

Im not going anywhere, BT DieselWorks isnt going anywhere, im not packing up and giving everyone the middle finger...!

Honestly, I just needed to get out of CT. Ive lived there my whole life, and while its a nice area to live as an adult and great place to raise a family, it is boring as hell for me who's idea of "fun on the weekend" isnt "relax around a campfire, sing kum-by-ya and be asleep by 9:30" or.....I dunno. I miss the hell out of college. I just was frustrated not having a lot of fun at home and combined with my business growing faster than I was ready for, it made me completely frazzled...and when I would get so frazzled with business/dealing with customers/getting orders out during the week, there wasnt enough to do on the weekends to unfrazzle me to the point where I could stay calm and organized! Maybe I wasnt growing up fast enough, or all my friends were growing up too fast? Im not an unhappy person by any means, anyone who has met me in person haha. :angel:

In the past year I started to ramp-down actual "work" I would do in the shop. Thanks to all of my customers, I have just gotten way too busy with the electronics end of my business, and I find the electronics/software/designing more challenging and fun. Not that I dont like "wrenching" on trucks, but there is only one of me; I cant do it all. Wrenching on trucks and doing the electronics stuff was just too much. Ive lost track at how many dozens of jobs Ive had to turn away simply because I dont have the time.

Maybe Ill work on cloning myself as a next project. I think it would be sweet to have three of myself. One to do the electronics stuff, one to do the mechanical/wrenching on the trucks, and one to answer the phone.

Im just telling it like it is, although unfortunately im worried that this might come out as some cheesy spilling my life story sob story buffalo chips. :rofl:

Tacojedbob and I got a sweet house right in town with 36' deep (only 1.5 cars wide though) insulated/heated garage so I can setup my electronics shop/development/production center, and we can work on our trucks if need be. A ton of my friends from college live out here, so far it seems like an awesome town (weekends feel like im back at school), and I cant wait to start skiing again. Since I mostly stopped working on trucks, the less physical activity and stuff (not to mention being inside all day sitting at my electronics workbench) at home has made me feel...bleh. Out here I can do all sorts of outdoors stuff to make up for the cabin fever I inevitably get when Im sitting at my electronics bench all day every day.

Like I said though, for the time being I cant really work on any trucks, Ive simply just gotten too busy with the electronics.

As Brian (hondarider) posted, yes...it does take a little getting used to here. Everything in new england/east coast moves a million miles-per-hour compared to here. UPS back in CT would usually drop off supplies or parts I needed at 11:00am or so. Here, UPS doesnt come until 5:00 pm or later. Its frustrating getting used to, but like I said, without being torn/frazzled between two "halves" of BT DieselWorks (shop work and electronics development), I dont forsee it being any problem.

Im still working on getting caught up on everything here because like I said, it took forever to get internet hooked up. And wow is it slow compared to home. I used to get 45megabits/sec at home with cable internet. Here, we get maybe 7-10megabits/sec.

Im also hiring Jed full time to help me out with things; mostly marketing, organization, and production streamlining. So basically I can focus more on designs/new developments/etc.

As for everyones existing orders that took place when I was "out" for the past couple weeks, Ive been working non-stop getting those out the past day. I've racked up almost $700 on my UPS account in the past 24 hours just because I felt so badly about the delays with all the dozens of orders that Ive upgraded everyone to no-cost Next Day Air. Ive also tried to upgrade orders (send people upgraded modules with extra features for no additional cost, include extra ECM pins, etc) wherever possible just because I want to make it clear how hard Im trying to get settled in here and started over from scratch!

Im also expanding my dealer network greatly (big shout-out to ATP/Idaho Rob for helping me get started with that), so in the future, you guys will have multiple options/places to order/buy all of my modules from.

Like I said, Im still getting setup here, and Ill get Jed added under my name so he can start getting on the forums more to answer questions that I might miss.

thanks
ben

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Sounds good Ben, Western Wyoming is a beatiful place alot more so if you have a Mule deer tag in your pocket good luck out there its one of two place I'd want to be if I needed to "unfrazzle" You being the big east coaster should be right at home at one of the dude ranches... lol j/k

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Sounds good Ben, Western Wyoming is a beatiful place alot more so if you have a Mule deer tag in your pocket good luck out there its one of two place I'd want to be if I needed to "unfrazzle" You being the big east coaster should be right at home at one of the dude ranches... lol j/k

I figure if phil dunphy can handle it, Ill be fine. :spit:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Wait a minute how does this make sense? In CT all you could was work,no night life ,boring and could not keep up with orders ,customer care ,now you move somewhere that is full of distractions and some how you will become more productive? :confused:

Just trying to figure it out! Nonetheless good luck!

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Wait a minute how does this make sense? In CT all you could was work,no night life ,boring and could not keep up with orders ,customer care ,now you move somewhere that is full of distractions and some how you will become more productive? :confused:

Give him a chance, if it doesn't get better it's HIS business that will be hurt.
Hope it's all good for you Ben :thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Give him a chance, if it doesn't get better it's HIS business that will be hurt.
Hope it's all good for you Ben :thumb:

I said good luck and I'm a fan but am I the only one that sees the irony or the ass backwardness?

Plenty of time to dedicate to work,cannot keep up!
Party time,productive business practices! :confused:

Sorry for being a doubting Thomas. Maybe I'll give him something to think about or incentive to get busy ! :)

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK

I thought the same thing.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Ben expanding your dealer network is a great idea:thumb: BUT this is also a bad idea considering you can not keep up with the work you have now... I understand you are now going to completely dedicate yourself to electronics but you may consider waiting till you get on your feet before you expand into more dealers etc... because thats really going to swamp you. Glad to hear you are getting peoples orders caught up and trying to make things right! People love your products simply because they work!!! But a TON of people like myself will not buy from you because of your buisiness reputation, i hope this gets panned out because i would love a lock up box and other items:thumb: Hope you get things straightened out and in turn have a highly successful buisiness out in Wyoming.