NHRDA Indiana diesel shootout

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
soon you will need a 10 second truck to make the top 50 list. I need everyone to please stop running faster than an 11.2 until after I get some work done this winter so I can make the list for at least a day.

Nice run!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Made it home about 5pm local time last nite. Up at 1am pacific to catch
My plane to Boise then a 5 hour drive home. Had a great time, didn't much care for the 32 hours of driving in 2 days from Boise getting there in a borrowed truck, but it was worth it.

I really want to thank Jim Layton for letting me race his 2x4 06 Dodge in the 11.90 class. He told me if I would drive it from Rob's shop in Boise that I could race it at Indy. Rob changed everything over to EFI live, truck was in Boise all winter waiting for the DSP 5 switch to come out for Dodge but that hasn't happened yet. So we used an Autocal instead. Took a bit of tuning and me getting use to driving it, but I was able to pull off the win in 11.90.:eek:

Lots of good trucks in Prostreet, I didn't get a total count but was around 20. Schied blew a tranny and John Robinson lost his turbos so they gave Schied their tranny so he could at least make a pass. 7.0 @ 200, nice pass.

As was said, Rob only raced Super Street, and went 2/100's too fast in the final to qualify it as the record because the next quickest pass he had made was an 9.81 so it's the new record. Woodburn is the next race for Max'd Out and it is a fast track.

Last edited:

crzycowboy

May 21, 2012
My plane to Boise then a 5 hour drive home. Had a great time, didn't much care for the 32 hours of driving in 2 days from Boise getting there in a borrowed truck, but it was worth it.

I really want to thank Jim Layton for letting me race his 2x4 06 Dodge in the 11.90 class. He told me if I would drive it from Rob's shop in Boise that I could race it at Indy. Rob changed everything over to EFI live, truck was in Boise all winter waiting for the DSP 5 switch to come out for Dodge but that hasn't happened yet. So we used an Autocal instead. Took a bit of tuning and me getting use to driving it, but I was able to pull off the win in 11.90.:eek:

Lots of good trucks in Prostreet, I didn't get a total count but was around 20. Schied blew a tranny and John Robertson (sp?) lost his turbos so they gave Schied their tranny so he could at least make a pass. 7.0 @ 200, nice pass.

As was said, Rob only raced Super Street, and went 2/100's too fast in the final to qualify it as the record because the next quickest pass he had made was an 9.81 so it's the new record. Woodburn is the next race for Max'd Out and it is a fast track.

Good to see ya again Ken...last time was the East Coast Finals at Beech Bend back in 09 I think. Congrats on the win too!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA

Lots of good trucks in Prostreet, I didn't get a total count but was around 20. Schied blew a tranny and John Robinson lost his turbos so they gave Schied their tranny so he could at least make a pass. 7.0 @ 200, nice pass.

Congrats on the win Ken. I'm still chuckling about coming to talk to Jim and seeing you in there. :) Nice meeting you and the rest of the Max'd Out/Idaho crew. That truck is awesome to see run in person! Congrats on the new NHRDA record.
That was definitely the best racing I've seen at an event in years. It was rather surprising to see that many P/S & SS trucks as well. We even had a full tree in SD and it was almost all side by side races. Too bad I broke out by .010 :(
Had a great time and hope to make it again next year! Thanks NHRDA!

crzycowboy

May 21, 2012
Congrats Stinger on Runner Up!

Just want to say thanks and congrats to Jeff "The Stinger" Dean for another GREAT weekend with a runner up finish in Top Diesel this past weekend. 4 good rides in that class, between John and the funny car, the Sheid rail, and the Hypermax Dragster...you did an outstanding job! Being top qualifier all day long, and limping the car to the finals! Wish ya luck this week getting the car squared away and ready for this weekend! Again, thanks for a GREAT performance, and congrats on the runner up finish. Can't wait to see it on Diesel TV.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Great weekend wish I had more time to talk to all who I talked to and Wish I was able to talk to more.

www.photobucket.com/IDS2012

Just started up loading and somewhat sorting them. If you would like a copy of a raw file let me know I an email them to you.

I have a lot more plus some videos.

A few from what is up so far.

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

The 7.00 200MPH run
DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Last edited:

crzycowboy

May 21, 2012
Great weekend wish I had more time to talk to all who I talked to and Wish I was able to talk to more.

www.photobucket.com/IDS2012

Just started up loading and somewhat sorting them. If you would like a copy of a raw file let me know I an email them to you.

I have a lot more plus some videos.

A few from what is up so far.

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

The 7.00 200MPH run
DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Nice shots there! If you have any others of the Powerflow Dragster, I'd love to see them!