FASS vs. Airdog????

mpr3369

Nov 18, 2011
What's the difference between the FASS 150 and the airdog 150? The airdog is about $100 more expensive. Seem to do the same exact thing. Both claim they are superior to the other. I'd just like to know if it's worth $100? Also what's the difference between the airdog 150 and the airdog II 165 besides 15 gph?

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
ive ran them both, i think id go with the fass, only reason ive read other people, (most on this forum) have had trouble with customer service from airdog.. this is just what i read..had fass for three years on my dodge with zero problems, i put an airdog on the wifes dodge and it worked well too.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I make my own with Raptor lift pumps Thanks to Burndown

Attachments

• II 60 over injectors install and motor powdercoating final_003.JPG
    II 60 over injectors install and motor powdercoating final_003.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 265

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
They are all good. Have heard things about AD warranty problems. Mine has worked fine. The AD is adjustable pressure too.
The raptor pumps i use are also adjustable.I think its all in relation to if the pump is mounted solid to the frame or if you mount them to a rubber vibration dampner ive thought of adding motor cycle motor mounts or snowmobile motor mounts to see if i can get most of the noise to go away or not.Just havent gotten around to it yet.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
What's the difference between the FASS 150 and the airdog 150? The airdog is about $100 more expensive. Seem to do the same exact thing. Both claim they are superior to the other. I'd just like to know if it's worth $100? Also what's the difference between the airdog 150 and the airdog II 165 besides 15 gph?

Where is the FASS cheaper than an AirDog? $592 on a FASS 150 and $590 on an AirDog 150. I know Fass has a kit with a single filter but it doesn't have the water sep, just the fuel filter.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't get the bum rap Airdog gets on customer service. I know the whole warranty card thing but it was said that they are changing the procedure and everyone here that had a issue was taking care of! So I don't get it? Every manufacture is going to have some failures. Its the ones that stand behind them and make good are the ones worth your business.

Insert beat dead horse emotion.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I don't get the bum rap Airdog gets on customer service. I know the whole warranty card thing but it was said that they are changing the procedure and everyone here that had a issue was taking care of! So I don't get it? Every manufacture is going to have some failures. Its the ones that stand behind them and make good are the ones worth your business.

Insert beat dead horse emotion.

I agree....had my pump for close to 4 yrs now, had one issue with it last year, took one call and the part was overnighted. They never even asked for receipt or anything. And I'm fairly positive I never sent in my warranty card...oops

After I got the part, they actually called back the week after and checked up on me to make sure it worked.:thumb:

Little stuff like that will keep me a buyer of their products.

02sfguy

Mar 15, 2011
i am on my third airdogII 165 pump in a year and a half. I don't know if I'm having bad luck or what but i will say that everytime i have called with a issue they took care of it and when the pump runs it seems to perform just like advertized. :2cents:

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Anyone have a write up or thread about that home made raptor lift pump. I wanna give it a try. Thanks