LML Internals

jbgmc

Feb 8, 2011
In a house
I've got a customer I'm ordering a set for. What gets me about this is that the oversized pistons are the same price. They come in .25mm, .5mm, and .75mm oversized. Everything I have looked at says that this is the price. I have to make a phone call that should confirm all of this. Details to follow.

jbgmc

Feb 8, 2011
In a house
I've started looking at more things for the LML vs. the other Duramaxes and there are alot of price differences. Most are with the LML being cheaper to outragiously cheaper. I've also noticed the part numbers leaning away from what the older numbers are that referred to Izusu parts from what I gather. Maybe these refer to the Chinese counter part. :joker:

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I have a complete set of LML pistons and rods. Not much different then LBZ. I don't think the pistons will clear a LLY/ LB7 crank. Nor do I think they are a good cheap built motor alternative. A powered medal rods is a powdered medal rod folks.

If someone really wants them I will sell them,

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have a complete set of LML pistons and rods. Not much different then LBZ. I don't think the pistons will clear a LLY/ LB7 crank. Nor do I think they are a good cheap built motor alternative. A powered medal rods is a powdered medal rod folks.

If someone really wants them I will sell them,

I was told by a reliable source that the LML engine took a step backwards.

Well thats a kick in the nutts :buttkick: :(

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
its [the LML] got enough to last reliably for hundreds of thousands of miles at 397hp. And thats all it needs, technically. ;)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
its not like "powdered metal as a 'material' fails at 450-500hp"

last I checked our engines arent 7.3 liters and they arent made by international.

more like "powdered metal POWERSTROKE rods fail at 450-500hp" ;)

LML rods are slightly stronger than LBZ/LMM rods so we will probably see them hold 700rwhp-ish