Stock LLY internals;What next for most HP?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I will be havin Dustin do the work on mine when it comes to the injectors, not only to keep with the same person but he runs 100% in his truck so he has a good idea. Leave the cp3 stock DO NOT do duals!!!

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009
He is going to drain his rail if he doesn't atleast mod his cp3. My stock injectors lose rail pressure on a moderate tune...If you are going to do a motor build later do 60 overs. If you plan on not building the motor 30 or 40 overs will suffice.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Yes I know he will drain his rail but it will keep his motor alive. I'm just sayin he doesn't need duals or a WD cp3 the stock one will be fine. Rob has gone 11s with his truck with the stock cp3.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
Yes I know he will drain his rail but it will keep his motor alive. I'm just sayin he doesn't need duals or a WD cp3 the stock one will be fine. Rob has gone 11s with his truck with the stock cp3.

sounds like stock cp3 will be jus fine and anything more def. not good for stock motor! okay and im definately doing twins using stock turbo, now what injectors ya recommend 45% overs?? anyway rob can tune for twins and dustin can modifiy it for injectors???

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
I'd say no...most tuners will not look at other tuner's work. They don't want the liability however I personally know Rob is an awesome tuner and have heard great reviews on Dustin's tuning so either way you'll be set.

JShe8918

Feb 17, 2009
sounds like stock cp3 will be jus fine and anything more def. not good for stock motor! okay and im definately doing twins using stock turbo, now what injectors ya recommend 45% overs?? anyway rob can tune for twins and dustin can modifiy it for injectors???

NO!!! Other tuners will not do that. They are affraid that someone will say they stole this or that from me. Not a good idea. Just pick one tuner and go with him. Like i said previously injector size depends on if you plan on building your motor or not. I was on the phone with Guy Trippin today working out a few details on my truck and he told me he doesn't want to have to do someones injectors twice because it is wasteful. He said for someone who doesn't plan on building their motor 40 overs are plenty big if not a little to big, but if you plan on building he said do 60 overs and have your tuner control the extra flow to make less power to preserve everything until you are built. Make sense? This came from his mouth today. Because i am doing my injectors while my truck is already down.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Dustin does my tuning but Rob will do a great job also. If I were you I would just try to stick with one guy that does your tuning so they always know what's going on with your truck.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
got ya! i will probly stick with dustin on tuning! and i plan to build motor but not for years! so im guessin im gonna have to be the guy that does injectors twice, do 40%overs now with small twins and bigger ones later down the road when building motor and adding big twins and dual fuelers

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I would go for twins only

I really am happy with the power of my truck.
I just want some more power from a roll.

I wish I had the response I have now with the IHI with the top end the
GT4094R had if I ever go for insane power I will just buy a Supra:rofl:

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
thinking bout mpi big twins with stock cp3's and 45%over injectors dialed in with tuning by dustin@dieseladdiction to keep motor alive till i can do the motor build afew years or so down the road, discussed this wit him on phone today, i was gonna do the small twins but he said do big twins let him tune it in right! then not buyin twins twice when doin motor build later in life, what yal think??

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
thinking bout mpi big twins with stock cp3's and 45%over injectors dialed in with tuning by dustin@dieseladdiction to keep motor alive till i can do the motor build afew years or so down the road, discussed this wit him on phone today, i was gonna do the small twins but he said do big twins let him tune it in right! then not buyin twins twice when doin motor build later in life, what yal think??

I know from experience you will be happy with that combination of parts , as long as the tuning is careful................................ my truck made it a long time and made great power with that same setup on a lb7.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
I know from experience you will be happy with that combination of parts , as long as the tuning is careful................................ my truck made it a long time and made great power with that same setup on a lb7.

yep from most i've talked too your the first name brought up in stock motor living with high hp, twins ect... so you think it'l last that way do good, its d.d. just hotrod on street here n there.

so im thinkin the mpi big twins and some 45%over injectors, STOCK CP3, and tuned correctly to keep stock lly motor alive which dustin is said to have experience in, it should live, wat you think guys?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
yep from most i've talked too your the first name brought up in stock motor living with high hp, twins ect... so you think it'l last that way do good, its d.d. just hotrod on street here n there.

so im thinkin the mpi big twins and some 45%over injectors, STOCK CP3, and tuned correctly to keep stock lly motor alive which dustin is said to have experience in, it should live, wat you think guys?

do whatever you think is right... like i have said several times before it is not a guarantee it will live past the first test drive. If you aren't ready to rebuild your motor stick to your current setup. You will eventually be playing the "Crying Game" when you crack a piston or bend a rod. It is inevitable

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
do whatever you think is right... like i have said several times before it is not a guarantee it will live past the first test drive. If you aren't ready to rebuild your motor stick to your current setup. You will eventually be playing the "Crying Game" when you crack a piston or bend a rod. It is inevitable

Nick, he has a LLY :thumb: