Stock LLY internals;What next for most HP?

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
My guess is that the right tuning will make it live, just tell your tuner what you expect and how rough you plan on driving it.

i will definately be straight up wit tuner bout that! i just want twins dual fuelers and injectors! but dont wanna build motor! its my only dailydriver never tow more than atv or 2 just street race here n ther! like for instance right now its in milder street 450ish hp tune always unless see someone to street race then 550ish hp all out race tune! keeping eye on egts and coolant temp, and 4-5 shift! never letting shift wit tires spinning unless just cant help it!

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
because i wanna do twin turbo's lol! its said twins will be fine on my setup, im trying to see if i can do dual fuelers and injectors, or jus mildly modified cp3 and mild injectors, or if both those are outta question i can only do twin turbos on top of what i already have keepin stock cp3 and injectors!

dont get me wrong i wanna build motor someday would do it now if i had the coin but price difference between motor build and twins n duals is very different!!!! i know i cant buld motor n next few years for sure!!! someday maybe, so i gotta plan now on keepin stock motor alive.

i kno alotta ya think to keep stock motor alive it must just be stock , left alone, or not go any further than current setup i have, but its been proven it'l be fine with alot more than stock and a lil more than i currently have such as jus adding twins, and i've already done the grade c gaskets n arp studs and suncoast trans build! this truck i bought new, was stock till 40k then jus had mild performance upgrades, it now has 69k miles, only the last 9 of which with the trans n arp studs n much higher tuning! it is a dailydriver that does not go to track or pull never tows more than atv's!

so know i can get away wit at least twins, the question is if i can do dual fuelers and injectors wit good tuning, or jus mildly modified cp3 and mild injectors wit good tuning, or have to stick wit stock cp3 and stock injectors!

thanks guys!

Last edited:

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Not trying to be a dick but could you please type normal and not like you're texting. I say go with twins and stock cp3. Your egts will be lower and easier on your motor.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
Not trying to be a dick but could you please type normal and not like you're texting. I say go with twins and stock cp3. Your egts will be lower and easier on your motor.

I fully understand I'm trying to get in habit of typing correctly on here, it just feels so much like a text conversation being your "talkng" in text on a forum! sorry about that guys

And it does indeed seem the majority recommends twin turbo's and keeping stock cp3 and injectors! I just feel like I could do more on stock motor in my situation was wanting expert advice on that though so I posted up, I'm just kind of new to the in depth diesel performance.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
If you read on here long enough you can learn alot. Most of the guys here have forgot more than I'll ever learn.

haha this is very true! i stay on here searching and learning constantly so much that my girlfrield, and family give me hell about it haha i'm addicted to diesel now, i've learned a ton and a ton out there still to learn! there's some real experts on here and are really helpful.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I would stay right where you are at. Or just do the twins and tuning. Turbo + Dual fueler= Bent Connecting Rods sooner are later. I noticed you said you wanted a 7.1L crankshaft.I'm doing a stroker build right now and even if you have the rest of the parts that is in the stroker kit you are still looking at a extra 7k on the build.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
ah i realized that today actually, decided though if i build motor i will probly just buy the 7.1 stroker kit hell got most of the build right there n that kit! i already have headstuds, so jus add main studs, keyed aftermarket cam, stage 1 or 2 heads, and ya got ultimate motor build right? and bout 20k+ in debt lol

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
if you dont want to run in to any problems here soon i wouldnt run twins. the power you are making is great for a daily driver. any more and you will start having problems. Twins make an incredible ammount of torque and will bend rods fairly quickly. if you arent ready to build a motor soon i would stay where you are power wise, but If you are still gung-ho about twins i would say you should stay at the same power level you are at now.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I was in the same boat as well back in 08. I put a gt4094r on first and than 3 months down the road I put on the dual fuelers. I was warned I had a year tops left in the motor after I put the dual fuelers on and boy was Ed Wayne right. I find a sheared off camshaft dowel pin when I tore my motor down a few weeks ago. It ran fine but how long it would have made it this year I have no clue and there is no clue on how long it had been sheared off. Like everyone else has said: "If your not planning on doing a build in the near future stay where you are at". But hey to each their own.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I would stay where you are, but it seems you have your mind made up so I would NOT do anything more then twins using your stock turbo. Keep the stock cp3 and stock injectors. But what do I know.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i dont even know why your asking for advice. everything that is stated you just say "well, i think my motor can take more" well if you think that then f'n go for it. dont ask for advice from people that have done it before and then act like you know everything. oh and just for your info, stay where your at if you want it to live. i had twins using the stock ihi on lb7 and in 6 months, no dual fuelers, stock injectors, 4 of my 8 rods were bent when we built the motor. lly rods are the exact same. but what do i know...:rolleyes:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
i dont even know why your asking for advice. everything that is stated you just say "well, i think my motor can take more" well if you think that then f'n go for it. dont ask for advice from people that have done it before and then act like you know everything. oh and just for your info, stay where your at if you want it to live. i had twins using the stock ihi on lb7 and in 6 months, no dual fuelers, stock injectors, 4 of my 8 rods were bent when we built the motor. lly rods are the exact same. but what do i know...:rolleyes:

:stupid:

I have helped 02bigstrokin since the beggining and I bet his motor didnt last 10k with the twins. His motor didnt have any symptoms of bent rods until we tore it down. He had 4 rods that were bent bad!

I ran a big single for a long time and never had an issue until I put big stick and 2xcp3s. It only took 2 sled pulls and two dyno runs all in one day and #7 and #8 are already showing signs of being bent. And that was with a turbo that was laggy as hell and didnt light until higher in the rpms.

Sorry but you put twins on your truck with dual fuelers you are lighting the fuse to a ticking time bomb.

Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
advice takin guys!!!! i'll do the twins wit stock turbo and good tuning nothing to extreme run it on mild tune daily save higher tune only for when needed!!!

wont do anything else till i AM building motor! not just dreaming of it!!

sorry for not takin advice too seriously! thanks guys!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
i'll do the twins wit stock turbo and good tuning nothing to extreme run it on mild tune daily save higher tune only for when needed!!!

Thats what I said when I first got EFILive... you wont be doing it I can assure you, "if a little is good, a lot is better" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
Cherokee, N.C.
Thats what I said when I first got EFILive... you wont be doing it I can assure you, "if a little is good, a lot is better" :rolleyes:

haha i know thats how i blew trans when i first got efi planned to run it on milder tune ended up on all out tune always! im alot more cautious now though after trans n headgaskets n bein too broke to afford repairs on this dailydriver