LB7 to LBZ Seat Heater Switch Swap

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Anyone done this or know if the connector is the same at least? Would like to get rid of the raised buttons for the flush ones the LBZ has.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I did it. They swap no problem. That reminds me....I still need to go find a Denali in a boneyard with the adjustable pedals.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I did it. They swap no problem. That reminds me....I still need to go find a Denali in a boneyard with the adjustable pedals.
Wait, so the button/door card swaps in no problem and functions properly? If so, does that mean I can run the 03+ heating elements as well or do I still need to splice in the temp sensor?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wait, so the button/door card swaps in no problem and functions properly? If so, does that mean I can run the 03+ heating elements as well or do I still need to splice in the temp sensor?
Tom and Dale both have 03 trucks. I don't think your swap will be as easy.

Reactions: Bdsankey

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry Brad, I should have specified that. Nope, it wont work on 99-02 trucks. Thanks for having my back, Josh.

• Sad
Reactions: Bdsankey

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
So what is needed for the 03-07 classic to make it work?

A Seat harness.
Door card heater switches for both doors.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I wonder how hard it would be to wire in on a 99-02 truck?

I know the Switch on the door plugs into the window switch and runs through the Door harness. This would be different on the 99-02
I also know the Seat has a harness and possibly a module.

The Seat harness plugs into the under dash fuse box. I would have to look at the schematic for both to see how hard it would be to make it work.

Maybe the buttons could be installed and trigger a relay or something to activate the seat heater.

I know there are aftermarket set ups but the all look cheesy.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It's ok, I'll go back to my corner now :(
Why? Nothing wrong with asking.

Brick, Ben used to tell me that the "new" architecture was more when you hit the button, it sent a signal to the module to turn on, as opposed to the old way where the switch actually switched the module's power. Anything is possible with relays and such, but it would be a LOT of work.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Why? Nothing wrong with asking.

Brick, Ben used to tell me that the "new" architecture was more when you hit the button, it sent a signal to the module to turn on, as opposed to the old way where the switch actually switched the module's power. Anything is possible with relays and such, but it would be a LOT of work.
But we all like projects... ;)

Reactions: 2004LB7

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Late 90’s trucks did have heated seats as an option. Maybe can get one of those setups installed?

Thanks for the info Tom. I got a guy in Calgary that rebuilds clusters and heat controls and stuff. I’ll have to get a couple heated door switches off him.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Its funny you mentioned this. Ive got the recessed button switch on my drivers side, but the original raised button switch on passengers. I just never got around to swapping that one.
Anyways, a couple weeks ago, my brother was riding with me while we moved my Dad. Hes never been in my truck, and during the ride, he randomly commented, "Hey youve got heated seats!". Earlier, he had opened the window, and had hit the button accidentally. :LOL:

Brick, you just pop the old switch out of the door, and put the new switch in. No need to change door cards. They fit the same.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Late 90’s trucks did have heated seats as an option. Maybe can get one of those setups installed?

Thanks for the info Tom. I got a guy in Calgary that rebuilds clusters and heat controls and stuff. I’ll have to get a couple heated door switches off him.
Mine has heated seats, I just hate the big clunky button and only high/low without the ability to turn on just the back.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dont get ahead of yourself. :LOL: Not sure if we can or not. On top of the wiring issues, the BCM may need to be programmed.

Last edited:

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
Ah fair enough lol I didn't think so but I remember that being a feature in my grandmother's 05 Tahoe. My short lady would enjoy that feature.