LBZ PTO? Crew,non-cab/chassis DRW

MrJuanderful

Jan 24, 2022
I will be tearing down the Allison next weekend in the 2006 LBZ, crew, DRW. Service body, pickup box delete (A crew cab cab/chassis was not manufactured). I have a greater than 50% need to run a PTO driven pump, so I want to be sure the trans is ready for a PTO, whether I mount it during rebuild, or later. Driver's side mount is the only way I can see, very tight with exhaust on passenger side. Hogging out the floor and fabbing a clearance wart is not a problem.
Will this unit be equipped with PTO gear? If not, what is needed? Is there a TCM or PCM issue to be considered? Thanks.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
the LBZ doesn't come with the PTO gear so you'll need one of those. then the knob in the dash with the harness. I may be wrong but I think BCM (or TCM or ECM) update to add the function.

MrJuanderful

Jan 24, 2022
the LBZ doesn't come with the PTO gear so you'll need one of those. then the knob in the dash with the harness. I may be wrong but I think BCM (or TCM or ECM) update to add the function.
Thanks.What pieces will have to be assembled back into the tranny during the build?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I have a PTO equipped drum from a later 2400 series, someone else might be able to confirm if they'll swap over but they should. Internally that's the only modification you'll need to run a PTO from what I remember