DPF QUESTION

mctritt

Oct 6, 2021
I have a 2014 silverado 2500hd with the 6.6. I'm in limp mode sure to dpf. Looking for easy way to clean the filter. Preferably without removing it.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
You need a scan tool that will do a forced regen at idle. Or you need a scan tool to clear the codes. Hop on the freeway where you can go 70mph constantly and keep clearing the code as they come back. It’ll take 30/45 min do not stop when the check engine light stays off. Let the truck complete its entire regen

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you are in limp mode then you'll have to do a service regen. for this you will need a decent scan tool as mentioned above. EfiLive, Tech 2, etc. or take it to the dealership.

if you remove it and clean it, the ECM wont know that the ash load has been reduced or a cleaning has been done so it will remain in limp mode. you will still need a way to clear the codes and get it to start a regen process

Reactions: CarolinaHD

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
if you are in limp mode then you'll have to do a service regen. for this you will need a decent scan tool as mentioned above. EfiLive, Tech 2, etc. or take it to the dealership.

if you remove it and clean it, the ECM wont know that the ash load has been reduced or a cleaning has been done so it will remain in limp mode. you will still need a way to clear the codes and get it to start a regen process
It should be able to detect the spot loading. Pretty sure that's what the pressure sensors before and after the DPF are for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It should be able to detect the spot loading. Pretty sure that's what the pressure sensors before and after the DPF are for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I've taken mine out several times and hand washed it. was never able to get the computer happy unless I also ran a service regen to get it to reset the DPF