Controlling boost while spooling

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Loaded the 2nd gear start tune tonight I haven’t launch it yet just spooled it in a parking lot and wow what a difference I could get it to almost 3000 rpm and 35 psi without it moving… definitely more then I think it could handle launching at.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Careful of that. It will flash the fluid temps in the converter and cook shit in a hurry. You can burn it down in a hurry on the tree if someone’s a dick

Reactions: dmax02

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
In an lbz it’s possible to set up a 2 step via dsp switch. You’ll need to ask mark about this, he’s the best tuner out there and knows how to set this up. Limiting rpm will limit boost while staging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
It is an lbz I ended up trying out the 2nd gear start and it helped a lot I can spool it up to 3000 rpm without it trying to push… hopefully I can make it last the rest of this year and change the converter over the winter

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
Well after 3 2nd gear launch’s not even in the same days my old ass converter decided it did not like it lol… can’t say I’m really surprised not being the original owner of the trans/ converter I have no idea how many miles or the life it had before I got it. But I know the converter was originally sold from precision in 2012 probably about time for a refresh anyways..

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Well after 3 2nd gear launch’s not even in the same days my old ass converter decided it did not like it lol… can’t say I’m really surprised not being the original owner of the trans/ converter I have no idea how many miles or the life it had before I got it. But I know the converter was originally sold from precision in 2012 probably about time for a refresh anyways..

Do not refresh. Replace with a Goerend. Precision is a thing of the past.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I can see the fluid got sparkly on the end of the dip stick in the sun light so I’d imagine it has to come apart to clean it all anyways..

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
So after talking to a buddy of mine he builds transmissions just never an Allison he’s telling me that since my truck still moves and doesn’t act like it’s slipping that my problem is not my converter? So the truck still moves but it makes a loud almost like squealing noise when it’s in drive or reverse and it’s trying to push on the brakes but it all goes away in neutral… he’s thinking some clutch’s started welding together…

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So after talking to a buddy of mine he builds transmissions just never an Allison he’s telling me that since my truck still moves and doesn’t act like it’s slipping that my problem is not my converter? So the truck still moves but it makes a loud almost like squealing noise when it’s in drive or reverse and it’s trying to push on the brakes but it all goes away in neutral… he’s thinking some clutch’s started welding together…

highly possible. its all speculation till you get it apart. the more you post about the issue that happened, the more getting Evans kit and a converter is a good idea though.