LLY Tuning - Built Engine/Compounds

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If you email me the logs or upload them here (put into a .zip folder or do a rename as .pdf) we can view your logs. I understand you've got questions but nobody can help you without any sort of decent info. Describing how it drives is a very small part of it.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Don't be discouraged, I know people like Josh come on here and chime in about how great and perfect there huge turbo/big injector trucks tow so perfectly and have absolutely no driveability issues. You have to remember these guys are around 2000ft or less in elevation. They would be crying also at 6500-8000ft with 100+ temps, plus they don't have mountains in the east they have rolling hills. What about the intake air temps? I gaurantee it's hurting you when the trucks loaded.

NevadaLLY

Adam B
Feb 24, 2019
Reno, NV
Sorry for the delays fellas. I did find an exhaust leak on both manifolds and replaced the gaskets. Identical leaks on both new gaskets. The manifolds and up pipes were all tight and torqued 39ft-lbs. not sure why the new gasket leaked. So fixing those has taken a bit and then when I started boost leak testing during re-assembly, I couldn’t get my 475-valley turbo o-ring to seal up properly. So new one on the way. I also found a little oil in the crossover charge pipe coming from 475 so looking into that. Once I dial all these issues in, we’ll see how things go. I’ll log it again once I have all those issues fixed. Last log looked good. No fuel pressure wandering, balance rates all good.

NevadaLLY

Adam B
Feb 24, 2019
Reno, NV
Sorry for the delays fellas. I did find an exhaust leak on both manifolds and replaced the gaskets. Identical leaks on both new gaskets. The manifolds and up pipes were all tight and torqued 39ft-lbs. not sure why the new gasket leaked. So fixing those has taken a bit and then when I started boost leak testing during re-assembly, I couldn’t get my 475-valley turbo o-ring to seal up properly. So new one on the way. I also found a little oil in the crossover charge pipe coming from 475 so looking into that. Once I dial all these issues in, we’ll see how things go. I’ll log it again once I have all those issues fixed. Last log looked good. No fuel pressure wandering, balance rates all good.
I should say the leak was between manifold and up-pipe. D7B97D18-3B25-4FE6-B9D0-A30294F119EA.jpeg

NevadaLLY

Adam B
Feb 24, 2019
Reno, NV
New gaskets in, boost leak test done, and all seems good for now. I'm going to put another 1k on it to feel it out and see if I notice any major issues. The smoke output is better, but still leaves some to be desired but I'd say about 50% better than it was.