1/8 mile discussion and time slips post here!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Alright guys, please post your time slips here to be added to the 1/8 mile 6.699 or quicker duramax-powered list. This list is starting semi fresh. All slips older than 2015 will not be posted. 1/8 is the new direction racing has gone and we are not looking to bring old retired trucks to this list, that is what the 1/4 mile list is for.

Rules are:
  1. It must be duramax powered
  2. Time slip must be 6.699 or quicker ET in the 1/8 mile
  3. Time slip must be legit, it will be scrutinized by other members if you smoke the lights or numbers do not add up correctly
  4. Time slip must have been from 2016 or newer (once 7 years and older, it will be removed)
  5. You must include:
    1. Engine type (LB7, LLY, etc)
    2. transmission type
    3. tuner
    4. weight
    5. 2wd or 4wd
    6. Date time was ran (if time slip does not provide the info)
    7. MPH ran (if time slip does not provide the info)
    8. name of vehicle, otherwise user name will be used
Please use this thread to discuss anything related to this list and host your time slips!

EDIT: Ive merged the original discussion about an 1/8 mile list together with this one.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Id have no issue with it, the only problem i see is we dont have 1/8 mile times for the current list above that would carry over to the 1/8 mile list.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Well every time slip should still be saved in the members' garage and those that aren't members had their slips posted in the thread.. So somebody with enough time and ambition could go back and pick out the 1/8 mile times.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Thats lots of Busch Latte's to go back through all the data and create an 1/8 list. Like pallet loads...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CarolinaHD

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Is there a 1/8 mile list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said the same thing a long time ago. You wont see some of the fastest duramaxs in the country on the list cause no events run 1/4 anymore. Odss is the new NHDRA. 1/4 has just gotten to dangerous and expensive.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Tom, I think this is the part where you ask for a raise.

it wouldnt fall on Tom, someone else would have to step up if they want it.

im always open for ideas but im not going to force work on people. if someone wants to take care of an 1/8 mile list, ill create one with what we have here and voids can be filled from there. I just ask no one goes expecting things to be updated immediately as im sure there would be an inrush of additional times.

So who wants to run it? again, same rules as 1/4 but for 1/8 mile.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011

im always open for ideas but im not going to force work on people. if someone wants to take care of an 1/8 mile list, ill create one with what we have here and voids can be filled from there. I just ask no one goes expecting things to be updated immediately as im sure there would be an inrush of additional times.

I am sure Brad, Josh, or I could help tag team it. Especially if it is in excel form. Only 1 rule though, Luke can't be on it until he is faster than Nate.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I don't have an issue doing it, but it'll take a lot of time to find all the slips from over the years. I've got a lot going on at home and work right now, so it might be best to make it a winter project, to have ready for next spring.
Having it in its own separate thread would also be a good idea.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

I am sure Brad, Josh, or I could help tag team it. Especially if it is in excel form. Only 1 rule though, Luke can't be on it until he is faster than Nate.

I don't have an issue doing it, but it'll take a lot of time to find all the slips from over the years. I've got a lot going on at home and work right now, so it might be best to make it a winter project, to have ready for next spring.
Having it in its own separate thread would also be a good idea.

I'll put together a list for both 1/8mi and 1/4mi in excel (if that works) but it will very likely take me ~1-2 weeks to compile with good formatting. With that said, I'm only going to go through this thread so once I have it complete I would ask users to police their own times and PM me if I missed your slip. That also means I don't want users to just randomly PM me new slips, those should be posted in either this thread or the possibly new 1/8mi thread.

Personally I don't think we need a complete new thread just a rename of this one to say 7.000/10.999 and faster or similar. I have an idea in mind to make the formatting extremely easy that will break it into 2 sheets split by 1/8mi and 1/4mi.

I'll wait for an "ok" before I get going, don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
what i will most likely do is create its own forum titled these names under the "Drag Racing" forum. So much like you see on the "forum" page where there is the "fun zone" "dmax 6.6 tech" and so on, ill create one for duramax 10.999/7.990 and faster under the Drag Racing forum and they will be easily accessible from the main forum page or atleast easier to find, then there will be a separate forum for 10.999 and separate forum for 7.999. We will keep a running thread in each section guys can post their slips in much like this (ill move this thread to the 10.999 forum) and guys will have to post the slips in each section if they would like their 1/8 mile time from their 1/4 mile pass put on there. Yes its redundant but its simple and easy for the guys running the list/s. These separate forums also allow me to setup mods for them in a much easier fashion.

as far as whos running it, we will have a meeting of the minds first.

Oh and as @coker6365, Luke cant be on it still he nuts up and runs faster than Nate! :ROFLMAO:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Wow. You ladies are harsh. Wish you nerds tried going fast with a A40. Way different ballgame. Rich should understand with all of his 7 second 1/8 slips.
In my opinion start the list fresh. Especially since many of the trucks on the 10.99 and faster are retired. If someone on that list wants to get on the 1/8 thread they can repost the slip.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good point. ^^^ Ive always considered the 10.99 list to be a sort of "history" of fast Dmaxes, not just recent years. If the 1/8 list is just going to be for "modern" vehicles, considering 1/8 mile racing really came into vogue over the past 10 years, then so be it.

BTW, who's Nate?

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wow. You ladies are harsh. Wish you nerds tried going fast with a A40. Way different ballgame. Rich should understand with all of his 7 second 1/8 slips.
In my opinion start the list fresh. Especially since many of the trucks on the 10.99 and faster are retired. If someone on that list wants to get on the 1/8 thread they can repost the slip.

Richard paid me for the statement. He’s bitter the tow rig blew up again.

1/4 mile list should stay as is. While they are retired, these times are something to strive for. Shows past and presently active people running down times. It’s not going to see a whole lot of people shooting for 1/4 mile bests 8s and under with the change to mainly 1/8 mile out there. 1/8 is something recently changing the last couple years and starting a new will keep going along with that. 1/4 mile list is a great list to see where we came from and where we are going.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Good point. ^^^ Ive always considered the 10.99 list to be a sort of "history" of fast Dmaxes, not just recent years. If the 1/8 list is just going to be for "modern" vehicles, considering 1/8 mile racing really came into vogue over the past 10 years, then so be it.

BTW, who's Nate?

wandering the same. Lol

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This Nate, Luke’s buddy