How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My only problem with him is he spent too much goddamn money. I imagine Pelosi and the Democrats problem with him is not that and is probably the opposite.

i guess as long as people believe the paper and plastic we hold has some kind of value, that is a relevant statement. Ive never understood how you can be both the creator of a monetary value and also be the debtor because you spent what you created?

Sorry, totally off topic and nothing to pick on you about Dozer. just something ive always thought about when i read about it.

Reactions: Dozerboy

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I wish they would pass a bill or something to stop all borrowing of funds. Live within your means, what a novel concept. Then out of control spending would stop and useless agencies would go away, government would shrink and we would be better off

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Anyone read about the latest corona count from Sturgis? Almost half a million visitors in that town, total of 196 got infected. The town offered free testing to the residents, and all of those that tested positive were asymptomatic

Reactions: stroke250

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Haven't heard of that one. I did listen to an interview with their governor on the radio the other day and the host was trying to goad her into admitting the motorcycle event was bad or should have never been allowed. Mentioned that "thay" traced a few cases back to that event. She basically said that they are all grown people and can make their own decisions on what they need to do to stay healthy and not get the virus.

The host mentioned things like, "but there were some not wearing masks", "not everyone was socially distanced", "it was a large crowd from all over", etc. She didn't back down and reiterated that we don't need to baby sit our residents, they are responsible for their own health and they know the risks. It's up to them to decide if they want to do it.

Was awesome listening to the host not getting the reaction he wanted. Way to go Kristi Noem

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
My only problem with him is he spent too much goddamn money. I imagine Pelosi and the Democrats problem with him is not that and is probably the opposite.

Yeah, the spending remains to be absolutely out of control. I suppose if he can turn the economy around again in his 2nd term, he might be able to correct some of that but IDK. Even when it was booming, the country still ran on a deficit. Inflation is gonna be a MFer with all the printing of currency that's gone on for the last several years. It's nuts.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That's why I have grandchildren to pay for such expenditures.. I actualy looked it up, and we dropped more cash into the US economy with that March Stimulas package, than we owe China and Japan total in our national dept.. So I say we send China a Thanks for your payment, Ballance Due, $1.5 trillion receipt...

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Yeah, the spending remains to be absolutely out of control. I suppose if he can turn the economy around again in his 2nd term, he might be able to correct some of that but IDK. Even when it was booming, the country still ran on a deficit. Inflation is gonna be a MFer with all the printing of currency that's gone on for the last several years. It's nuts.
Let's be fair here... Trump, or any president for that matter, can't cut spending unilaterally, and if he were to issue an executive order to axe bs spending, you can bet the dems and rinos would override his executive order. At the end of the day, technically, congress has more power than the president, and they are ultimately responsible for this spending. If I became president tomorrow, I GUARANTEE I could find a TON of garbage spending that could go bye-bye... But you know congress would never play ball. I'm SURE Trump would LOVE to take a machete to gov spending as I would, but congress panders to the libtard weenies with their hands out for all the free stuff, among other things.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Let's be fair here... Trump, or any president for that matter, can't cut spending unilaterally, and if he were to issue an executive order to axe bs spending, you can bet the dems and rinos would override his executive order. At the end of the day, technically, congress has more power than the president, and they are ultimately responsible for this spending. If I became president tomorrow, I GUARANTEE I could find a TON of garbage spending that could go bye-bye... But you know congress would never play ball. I'm SURE Trump would LOVE to take a machete to gov spending as I would, but congress panders to the libtard weenies with their hands out for all the free stuff, among other things.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Yep, you're right on the spending and budgets being the legislative branches responsibility. And with that in mind, Trump has done about as much as possible for the president in setting policy that allows the economy to be the best it can be, working international trade deals and affairs, etc. All very very America-first positions and I couldn't be more appreciative of those changes.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That's why I have grandchildren to pay for such expenditures.. I actualy looked it up, and we dropped more cash into the US economy with that March Stimulas package, than we owe China and Japan total in our national dept.. So I say we send China a Thanks for your payment, Ballance Due, $1.5 trillion receipt...

We're never going to be able to pay this debt down. We need to put a stop to deficit spending.

Ive been wondering something for a while now, though. When is the world community going to sanction and/or punish China in some way for unleashing this disease in the first place?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ive been wondering something for a while now, though. When is the world community going to sanction and/or punish China in some way for unleashing this disease in the first place?

Well we all know that will never happen. Diseases happen all over the world and I don't think there is enough evidence that china engineered this virus. As much as I would love to see various nations come together and slap china silly, I don't think I will ever see it happen. One possibility is to have china cancel all depts to all countries that owe it money. If I'm not mistaken, one third of our national debt is owed to china. Just wipe that clean

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
I would at least like to see all the original trade deals with China be signed and effective immediately. The farm/ranch communities are not doing well right now between the trade war, kung flu, hoppers, hail, fire, Iowa wind, meat packer monopoly, etc.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That trade deal ain't happening, especially before election time. The great deal maker hasn't learned that China ain't some N.Y. building contractor. They don't take kindly to being berated on TV every day, then expected to bow down to one person. Their leader didn't come up for election every 4 years. So to their advantage to just wait it out..

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
You have commie country with 1.3 billion slave labor and as long the 400 billionaires are happy Jinping will listen to them. Then the democrats have probably told them everything will be fine and back to normal for a small under the table cash fee. It would be nice if both parties would bash China together but they will never do it. They are to busy trashing each other to get more power for themselves instead of looking out for the country.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Went to a shop I deal with and had a great talk the other day. The entire shop of 15 employees got the virus and have recovered. I had no idea about it until then. They all have an interesting take on it and let's just say they are all quite conservative and all are actively donating blood for the new treatment. According to them it is believed that the antibodies they have most likely not only can protect them for contracting it again but also makes it very unlikely they could even spread it. Once again I believe there is a lot of positive information being withheld....

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm sitting in my car, waiting in line to get tested. There were at least 60 cars in line when I got here, and they're running 5 bays. Yay. (No, it's not for fear I have it. I'm having a procedure done on Tuesday and they required it.)

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
To be infectious, or capable of spreading it, you need to have a viral load high enough to be multiplying and ejecting from the body. It is theorized that to get infected you need to have somewhere around 800 to a thousand viruses in your vulnerable areas

The antibodies are more of a short term rapid response system to the virus. The T cells are more of a long tem protection. Most of the tests are for finding the antibodies or virus DNA. I say if they can, donate antibodies if they can. It won't hurt anybody but may help. After a few weeks to a few months those antibodies will drop off and the opportunity will be gone. But this doesn't normally mean they are at risk again. Those T calls will remember it and ramp back up the fight and develope a quick response to prevent the virus from multiplying fast enough to be contagious. That's one of the reasons, despite what the media is trying to portray, the young don't spread it and there is little known instances, if any, where they are the source of someone else getting it. The virus doesn't get a chance to multiply fast enough before the immune response squashes it. They may test positive but have no chance of spreading it.

Went to a shop I deal with and had a great talk the other day. The entire shop of 15 employees got the virus and have recovered. I had no idea about it until then. They all have an interesting take on it and let's just say they are all quite conservative and all are actively donating blood for the new treatment. According to them it is believed that the antibodies they have most likely not only can protect them for contracting it again but also makes it very unlikely they could even spread it. Once again I believe there is a lot of positive information being withheld....

Reactions: 56taskforce

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I'm sitting in my car, waiting in line to get tested. There were at least 60 cars in line when I got here, and they're running 5 bays. Yay. (No, it's not for fear I have it. I'm having a procedure done on Tuesday and they required it.)
Comments on the testing procedure? Did they use the big swabs or tickle your tonsils with the long straw? I've had both, and the latter is most unusual feeling.. Like sneezing out a noodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.