LLY: Looking to paint match , code brings up wrong color

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Looking to order some paint , my glove box code is u 9095 . Trucks a metallic green but the code brings up a blue ? Has anyone had a similar issue ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Yes . It’s def the factory color but why the paint code wrong I have no clue

Must be a Monday or a Friday truck? Honestly I don’t know. I’d’ve thought maybe someone changed the glove box door. Maybe try a car fax and see what pops up? Just out of pure curiosity lol.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Must be a Monday or a Friday truck? Honestly I don’t know. I’d’ve thought maybe someone changed the glove box door. Maybe try a car fax and see what pops up? Just out of pure curiosity lol.
X2, make sure the VIN on the RPO sheet in the glove box matches the VIN on the body. Not unheard of to swap glove box doors from a junkyard if the factory one breaks.

Reactions: Parker_

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I know I had a friend do some paint work on my truck a while ago, and the paint code was coming up weird. Oddly enough it is dark blue metallic.

Reactions: Parker_

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Whats the chances of us seeing the RPO Codes?

Sometimes there is another 3 digit RPO code that specifies a color.

Since GM recycles some of the paint codes, there might be a cross over.

Try WA9539

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
My truck-same year-same color-same issue, when I went to get paint. Ended up taking a fender flare to the auto body supply shop and they mixed up a single stage Omni pretty close (looks a shade darker but maybe my truck is sun faded a little). And of course musta tossed the mixing paperwork and the can. 1FastBrick maybe right, that number sounds familiar.
ec0123967090d61c9763736e3737de4c.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
U9095 comes up as "GM Polo Green Metallic". :confused: 52D comes up as "Dark Green Metallic". I know GM uses three different types of paint codes (including the WA code), but dang.....

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
My truck-same year-same color-same issue, when I went to get paint. Ended up taking a fender flare to the auto body supply shop and they mixed up a single stage Omni pretty close (looks a shade darker but maybe my truck is sun faded a little). And of course musta tossed the mixing paperwork and the can. 1FastBrick maybe right, that number sounds familiar.
ec0123967090d61c9763736e3737de4c.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

On the last row, 47U is the RPO for the body color on your truck. :thumb:

I bet it's Called Polo Green on some models and also Dark or Medium Green Metallic on others.

I bet if you had the dealer print off the RPO Sheet It would show a green color. My parts guy at the dealer did that for me on a truck I was rebuilding. It was kind of cool to see what some of the Codes mean

PS. I am always right... :roflmao:
Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
U9095 comes up as "GM Polo Green Metallic". :confused: 52D comes up as "Dark Green Metallic". I know GM uses three different types of paint codes (including the WA code), but dang.....

The 52D and 52I are interior colors and trim.

Lets go for what the call "Neutral" (Light tan) with Cloth Interior.

Parker_

I'm a torque addict !!
May 13, 2014
Blythe ca
Whats the chances of us seeing the RPO Codes?

Sometimes there is another 3 digit RPO code that specifies a color.

Since GM recycles some of the paint codes, there might be a cross over.

Try WA9539

Hey just seen this , for anyone in the future reading this with the same problem I had . WA9539 is spot on . Thanks for everyone’s help

BowtieMan

Nov 11, 2021
Came across this thread just this week because I am currently looking for some 9095 Dark Blue Metallic to spray a replacement fender for my daughter's 1993 GMC Sonoma. I also came across listings for a 9095 Emerald Green Metallic. It appears to me that GM does indeed reuse/reassign color codes over time. You really need to take into account the year of the vehicle as well. In this case, 9095 was Dark Blue Metallic in the early 90s for multiple GM vehicles. Later on, around the turn of the century, the number appears to have resurfaced as the code for Emerald Green Metallic on those newer vehicles.