Help: Question regarding classic truck headliner...

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Hey guys,

May be a silly question, but was just wondering about something and couldn’t find any definitive answers online.

So I have an 04, CC. It’s loaded with everything but the rear entertainment/Tv that’s mounted in the headliner. I recently picked up a donor truck that’s an 04.5, it’s loaded and it has the Tv in the headliner. If I were to swap out mine, for the 04.5 one, would the necessary wiring be up there to make it work ? Simple plug and play, or no?

*scratches head*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You will need to remove the cross bar from the donor truck that the TV mounts to. The harness is built into the headliner, but you will need to swap the dash harness from the donor truck or splice in the connector to your harness.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
You will need to remove the cross bar from the donor truck that the TV mounts to. The harness is built into the headliner, but you will need to swap the dash harness from the donor truck or splice in the connector to your harness.

Hey josh. Well, all that will be available to swap from that donor truck. Which dashboard harness are we talking about? Is it plugged somewhere around the radio, or what? I never pulled much more than the radio/ac controls in my truck so I’m not familiar what’s really behind there.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The headliner harness runs down the a-pillar and plugs in under the dash right at the bottom of the pillar.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
So will the headliner harness plug into my current dash harness? Or you meant that basically I would need to replace both, my current dash harness along with headliner harness from the donor truck? I guess I will see and have all the answers once I’m doing it, just wanted to know what I’m about to get involved with here.

Any idea how hard it is, if even possible at all, to pull out the entire headliner from the truck without taking the rear window or windshield out?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You won't have the connector on the dash side that runs the DVD player. Like I said, you will either need to splice it into your factory dash harness or swap the dash harness from your donor.