03' GMC SoCal stroker

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Built some traction bars, made from 2" DOM 1/4" wall with Ballistic fab poly joints.

View attachment 49201

These are the only joints I use. I run the bushing at one end and the matching width heim style joint at the other end to allow for some more flex. Mine have 30k miles on them and still are just as tight as the day I put them on. They get greased every time I'm under the truck or at every oil change, whatever comes first.

chevyman

May 1, 2012
Where the 5th wheel is parked
Everyone says the strokers are only good for max effort racing or pulling. I really think it would be great for daily driving and towing with the bump in low end torque that is possible. I'm really thinking this is the route I'll end up going. I'm really interested to hear how it runs with new tunes and what you think of it.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Haven't updated in a while..., Got new tunes from Mark at Danville and also a 3rd gear start TCM tune. Truck runs good but a little laggy in the lower rpms, converter is to tight so I have a Goerend "J" on order. Also did my first pull with it last weekend. Had a hard time getting turbos to light, but when they did 50-75ft out it through the belt and lost power steering and the 2nd CP3, still ended up 1st out 7 trucks, Heres a link to the video of pull.

https://youtu.be/pv83tw-5IBw

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Haven't updated in a while..., Got new tunes from Mark at Danville and also a 3rd gear start TCM tune. Truck runs good but a little laggy in the lower rpms, converter is to tight so I have a Goerend "J" on order. Also did my first pull with it last weekend. Had a hard time getting turbos to light, but when they did 50-75ft out it through the belt and lost power steering and the 2nd CP3, still ended up 1st out 7 trucks, Heres a link to the video of pull.

https://youtu.be/pv83tw-5IBw

Did you check to see if you have a plastic or metal pulley on the tensioner? How old is your tensioner?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Plastic, I ordered a new steel one.

10-4, my truck (knock on wood) hasn't thrown a belt yet with the dual fueler and it ran some crazy RPM at DPC in Denver. It definitely hit the hard limiter a few times (5200rpm) and doesn't show any signs of wear on the belt.

If I recall correctly your dual fueler is an MPI kit correct? I know guys have seemed to have good luck with the new PPE routing (which I believe yours is routed that way currently).