1967 RS Duramax Camaro

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Yeah the Chevelle has been back to DD status since it went back to a stock LB7 about a year ago.

Awesome! That just sealed the deal, I'm putting an lb7 or LLY in my 65 Malibu... I've been back and forth for 2 summers now, and I just picked up a donor LLY, 5 speed, transfer case, harnesses, TCM, and ECM... And a 2002 lb7 zf6 wrecked truck, I'm thinking I'll be using the lb7 engine and harness with a full manual 4l85e....

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
The guys at the DMAX Store can get you taken care of. The autocal setup with DSP5 tuning would be best. It allows on the fly power level changes. You could have a tow tune to...:D

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
The guys at the DMAX Store can get you taken care of. The autocal setup with DSP5 tuning would be best. It allows on the fly power level changes. You could have a tow tune to...:D

Or you can get together with another "ATP dealer" at the track ;) , and get Rob some logs and build the tuning your car wants, and get rid of the guess work..

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Or you can get together with another "ATP dealer" at the track ;) , and get Rob some logs and build the tuning your car wants, and get rid of the guess work..

I agree with Russ. I would think this setup would need a hands on touch to get the most out of it.

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California

Or you can go through us at the DMAXSTORE :D We work really close with Rob and his staff! Verlon stated it, but going to ATP you can't go wrong!

OP, it Was great meeting you and your lady at the track. Great couple and a great car you have built. There are other ways we can help you with the tuning options , cause we like your car so much :thumb: Myself, Rock and Eric had a great time meeting you and thanks for the info on the car!

Anytime you want to meet at the track, Sac or Sonoma, we would be happy to data log with you and get you in the right direction, no matter where you go for your needs. Hit us up at the store or PM me anytime you want to hang out at the track and data log that thing for you and get you in the right direction. No charge!

Jason

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Awesome! That just sealed the deal, I'm putting an lb7 or LLY in my 65 Malibu... I've been back and forth for 2 summers now, and I just picked up a donor LLY, 5 speed, transfer case, harnesses, TCM, and ECM... And a 2002 lb7 zf6 wrecked truck, I'm thinking I'll be using the lb7 engine and harness with a full manual 4l85e....

Have you seen where Ben has developed a harness/system that cleanly/completely meshes with the duramax ECM and also controls a 4L85E electronically. That's if you didn't want to constantly be shifting the auto yourself.

It would be period-correct to be slapping through the gears of the auto too though so I can see going manual shift on the auto for nostalgia and just pure fun too. :woott:

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Have you seen where Ben has developed a harness/system that cleanly/completely meshes with the duramax ECM and also controls a 4L85E electronically. That's if you didn't want to constantly be shifting the auto yourself.

It would be period-correct to be slapping through the gears of the auto too though so I can see going manual shift on the auto for nostalgia and just pure fun too. :woott:

Would love that idea, but "Black Box" to make 4l80e full manual was $150...so it was the far cheaper alternative I'm guessing.

Luther Grimace

Jan 20, 2016
Madison, AL
I have lurked on your Camaro build for a while and stumbled on the cruise videos you recently posted. Your car turned out great and is definitely an inspiration. I'm hoping to start on my Chevelle LBZ swap soon.

dslhtrdr

Always learning
Nov 22, 2012
Sebastopol, Ca
so this almost exactly 2 years since the last post, how is the camaro doing/holding up?

Just happened to come by this forum to search for something and saw your comment.

The Camaro is doing great. I have made a couple changes to it, upgraded the turbo and remodified the lower oil pan to hold more oil, etc. I’m still working on it and driving it as much as possible.

To be completely honest, I have let my build threads on the forums go without updates because I grew very tired of certain individuals giving me private and public negativity about my car, skills, build quality and opinions about Duramax swaps in general, mostly on Facebook. I enjoy my stuff how I want to enjoy it, and for some strange reason that really bothers people. I truly appreciate all of the positive feedback so many people have given me over the years about the Camaro and I’ll be starting another swap soon. Perhaps I’ll come around more often and start a build thread for it so all of you can enjoy it with me.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
Just happened to come by this forum to search for something and saw your comment.

The Camaro is doing great. I have made a couple changes to it, upgraded the turbo and remodified the lower oil pan to hold more oil, etc. I’m still working on it and driving it as much as possible.

To be completely honest, I have let my build threads on the forums go without updates because I grew very tired of certain individuals giving me private and public negativity about my car, skills, build quality and opinions about Duramax swaps in general, mostly on Facebook. I enjoy my stuff how I want to enjoy it, and for some strange reason that really bothers people. I truly appreciate all of the positive feedback so many people have given me over the years about the Camaro and I’ll be starting another swap soon. Perhaps I’ll come around more often and start a build thread for it so all of you can enjoy it with me.
Jealousy , it has destroyed many friendships ! Glad you are back , looking forward to your next build !