Eerie Siri

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My wife and son were talking about Thanksgiving when my son said he wished his dead grandmother could be a part of the festivities. Apparently Siri was on line for some reason and she said " would you like me to get grandmas address? " True story. Weird:D

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Siri pops off all the time at my house..... talking crazy talk. We can be in bed watching tv and she’ll chime in the conversation I’m having with my wife.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
siri on the iphone?

or is it like alexis or whatever for that google box that sits out in the house?

IDC if people think I have a tinfoil hat on, I don't like either of those things. It creeps me out when I start getting ads on social media for things I was TALKING about, not searching. I also don't like that my phone has patterned my normal driving routines and conveniently tells me how far I am from the normal destination every time I get in the truck.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
That's why I have the "Hey Siri" option turned off. It recognizes speech patterns and will activate when something sounds close. It's all CIA tech made to spy on everyone like 1984.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My wife and son were talking about Thanksgiving when my son said he wished his dead grandmother could be a part of the festivities. Apparently Siri was on line for some reason and she said " would you like me to get grandmas address? " True story. Weird:D

That’s freaky. I turned her off. Don’t need my little daughter making siri find weird stuff lmao

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I also don't like that my phone has patterned my normal driving routines and conveniently tells me how far I am from the normal destination every time I get in the truck.

Yeah, these things are becoming a little too intrusive.

melvinalbs

Jan 22, 2018
That's odd. Siri can really be invasive at times. I do own an iPhone myself but I find her inaccurate whenever I use her that's why I leave her off most of the time.