2017 Duramax

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Has it increased with mileage on the truck?
I'm just about to roll over 10k
Just filled up my 4th tank full of Def so I'm averaging 2500-3000 miles a tank
All towing though
I just towed a big cargo trailer out to west coast running 75 I averaged 8.2 mpg. Used 10 gal def in 2600 miles loaded. Coming back empty used 5 gal of Def and averaged 19 mpg hand calculated. L5p ccsb 33/12.50r20 ridge grapplers. 3.73 gears.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I've got 7k mi on the truck now. I've added 4.5gal DEF since new and was full, and just got the "1k mi low" message today. Been running it long after it tells me I'm out, and fill it up right before the miles count down to "reduced power":roflmao:. They actually give you a bunch of time running it dry :cool:

Pete246

Aug 11, 2017
You guys know of anyone who took their factory air box out? I'm looking for one for my 6.0L gas hood swap. I'm thinking the l5p air box will fit into the location on my 2017 gmc all terrain hd
Even the part number for it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Just turned 29k miles, so far so good. Still does some weird stuff shifting sometimes but pretty rare. GM is constantly sending me notifications for updates..mostly exhaust related. One last month for a "seat torsion bar" not sure what that even is, Def use seems to be going down. All in all im happy with it.

Rivera.alan

Jun 22, 2014
Orange County CA
Anyone know what the biggest size tires I can fit on 20x10 wheels with a stage 3 cognito leveling kit on my 2017 L5P without major trimming?
Thanks in advance and I apologize if I posted this on the wrong thread.

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Anyone know what the biggest size tires I can fit on 20x10 wheels with a stage 3 cognito leveling kit on my 2017 L5P without major trimming?
Thanks in advance and I apologize if I posted this on the wrong thread.

Well I’ve done 35s on multiple leveled 15+ trucks.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
Probably gonna be in the negatives. I ordered a zero offset for my 33’s and they called me and advised I go with -22 to keep from rubbing. But this is with out a leveling kit. Just have the tears raised about half an inch

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The more negative the offset of a wheel, the more it will push it out and into the body when turning. If someone told you to run more negative for clearance, they are confused or aren't talking about rubbing a fender or bumper. Negative offsets are better for clearing frame and suspension parts, but that isn't really much of a problem on a truck that isn't lifted.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
Damn I didn’t get back online and edit my post. I have a horrible memory and got it backwards as far as negative and positive offset. Isn’t stock like +44 or something like that?
The more negative the offset of a wheel, the more it will push it out and into the body when turning. If someone told you to run more negative for clearance, they are confused or aren't talking about rubbing a fender or bumper. Negative offsets are better for clearing frame and suspension parts, but that isn't really much of a problem on a truck that isn't lifted.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I have 22x10 -25 on mine with small leveling kit, new keys , upper ca and diff drop and I still rub a good bit nothing terrible but it does rub pretty decent, I just trimmed the lower valance and trim some of the metal piece under the chrome bumper

Rivera.alan

Jun 22, 2014
Orange County CA
I have 22x10 -25 on mine with small leveling kit, new keys , upper ca and diff drop and I still rub a good bit nothing terrible but it does rub pretty decent, I just trimmed the lower valance and trim some of the metal piece under the chrome bumper

Nice looking truck! Do you have any other pictures of it?
Thanks for the info!