L5P Injectors

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
What do we know about these new LP5 injectors? I was doing some browsing last night and came across a site selling stock GM LP5 injectors. 1500 dollars plus 800 dollar core charge for a set of 8. At that price they are cheaper than LB7 injectors and hopefully more reliable. Does anyone know what voltage they operate at, spray pattern/angle, operate pressure, and any other information about them?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I've wondered the same. Could they be run off a LB7 or LLY FICM? If so, drop a L5P head on a LB7 and you'd have a sweet setup, IMO.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I've wondered the same. Could they be run off a LB7 or LLY FICM? If so, drop a L5P head on a LB7 and you'd have a sweet setup, IMO.

Depending on overall size, my thought was just machine a new injector cup to matched the injectors and see about fabricating a set of valve covers. But without knowing what it will take to operate them, its just pissing into the wind.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
id be curious about getting the Delphi ECM to control a Denso injector, not sure how that would work.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Heads would be nice up grade in flow to though, but cups would probably be simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
The new L5P head is completely different and will not bolt on to previous generations.

Attachments

• F6EC3196-F52A-4116-8D0C-044133FF6A90.jpeg
    F6EC3196-F52A-4116-8D0C-044133FF6A90.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 91

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
id be curious about getting the Delphi ECM to control a Denso injector, not sure how that would work.
I am debating giving it a try, but not sure if its just going to be a waste of time.

Heads would be nice up grade in flow to though, but cups would probably be simpler.
Do you know what a set of heads would Cost? They do look like they could flow very nicely with a little port work.

The new L5P head is completely different and will not bolt on to previous generations.
I Believe the Heads bolt pattern is the same but it has one extra head bolt on the LP5 that the old blocks doesn't have, but you have to use the LP5 intake runners and valve covers, those are different.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I Believe the Heads bolt pattern is the same but it has one extra head bolt on the LP5 that the old blocks doesn't have, but you have to use the LP5 intake runners and valve covers, those are different.
That's what I heard as well, and there may be some oiling issues. My brother was speculating it could be solved with some external plumbing.

SAC owner

Aug 18, 2017
The L5P injectors are solenoid injectors all the previous year operate on piezo actuated.. the systems will not interchange. the up side it will be much easier to get a stand alone system for the L5P. the drivers in a stand alone for the piezo injectors are far and few and very costly.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The L5P injectors are solenoid injectors all the previous year operate on piezo actuated.. the systems will not interchange. the up side it will be much easier to get a stand alone system for the L5P. the drivers in a stand alone for the piezo injectors are far and few and very costly.

Beep Beep Beep...... WRONG. Only the LML uses Piezo injectors. LB7-LMM are all solenoid injectors.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've searched all over the net and can't find anything that states what the L5P injectors run at. Even Denso's own site

I'm going to make a guess and say that they probably are 24v injectors. So an LBZ or LMM ecm may drive them. Now if someone with an L5P could hook up oscilloscope and see what it reads. Maybe even test the coil for inductance & reactance and compare them to previous years, we may find out if it could be used as a replacement

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

Incorrect... The L5p WILL bolt onto earlier generations, they just added two extra bolts to the L5P
39286d3c489e16e0d7e6ddcfcee03cc2.jpg

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Incorrect... The L5p WILL bolt onto earlier generations, they just added two extra bolts to the L5P
39286d3c489e16e0d7e6ddcfcee03cc2.jpg

I was referring to it being a “bolt on” part, meaning you can remove the old part and bolt the new part in place with no modifications. The new head is completely different. Having to change to an L5P intake as well as several other modifications to me doesn’t qualify it as a bolt on head, but yes, it will bolt onto a previous gen block, even though all the bolt holes won’t be filled. . . . . Even still, looking at the bottom sides of those heads in the pic that I posted, it doesn’t look like a lot of the passages even line up.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I was referring to it being a “bolt on” part, meaning you can remove the old part and bolt the new part in place with no modifications. The new head is completely different. Having to change to an L5P intake as well as several other modifications to me doesn’t qualify it as a bolt on head, but yes, it will bolt onto a previous gen block, even though all the bolt holes won’t be filled. . . . . Even still, looking at the bottom sides of those heads in the pic that I posted, it doesn’t look like a lot of the passages even line up.

What passages are you referring to, the pic you posted is not the bottom side of the head, unless I missed a pic somewhere. The pic you posted is the intake runner area. The L5P block does have a raised deck height, but the heads are the same height. The intake runner is slightly different yes. All of the main 12mm head bolts are the same, they just added two of the small 8mm head bolts to the top corners.

Last edited:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
What passages are you referring to, the pic you posted is not the bottom side of the head, unless I missed a pic somewhere. The pic you posted is the intake runner area. The L5P block does have a raised deck height, but the heads are the same height. The intake runner is slightly different yes. All of the main 12mm head bolts are the same, they just added two of the small 8mm head bolts to the top corners.

Drill an tap :D