Cons of front locker drag racing

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive still got that brand new 9.5" G80 sitting in a box in the garage......;)

9.5" rear and 9.25" IFS front both use the same open carrier, so it stands to reason they would use the same LSD, wouldnt it?
Unless the front diff has to rotate in the opposite direction?? (I dont know this...diffs are another unknown for me).

To illustrate my point:
GM 9.5: https://www.yukongear.com/partslist.aspx?SearchMode=Diff&TypeID=5&Type=GM&DiffID=224&DiffName=GM+9.5%22+Rear%2c+%2797-%2713&CatID=168&CatName=Differential+Carrier+Cases

GM 9.25: https://www.yukongear.com/partslist...&CatID=168&CatName=Differential+Carrier+Cases

No drinking for me last night. Did meet my son's new g/f, though. Real sweetheart, but nervous as a hell to meet Roni and I. :hehe:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was a few vodka and waters deep so I'm ready to learn now.

We had to carry the thread and drink without you, so your punishment is that you have to do an install with a detailed write up with pictures (of Bac's Son's GF :roflmao:).

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
We had to carry the thread and drink without you, so your punishment is that you have to do an install with a detailed write up with pictures (of Bac's Son's GF :roflmao:).

Lol well I don't know how the wife will feel about that one:roflmao: but I would love install one. I'm sure there will be some pictures of me and jake in there. Probably just as good;)

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So this would throw you into the wall or other lane same as an E-locker then probably??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
That's what me and jake were thinking. Might as well weld it if I was gonna do an e locker. But at least an e locker I could unlock I guess. So it would be a limited slip that would help and be safe to run?

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
That's what me and jake were thinking. Might as well weld it if I was gonna do an e locker. But at least an e locker I could unlock I guess. So it would be a limited slip that would help and be safe to run?

Don't weld the front. I can tell you when I ran my e locker the truck will not turn with it locked. It will yank the wheel out of your hand. Driving on the street would be impossible with it welded.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Don't weld the front. I can tell you when I ran my e locker the truck will not turn with it locked. It will yank the wheel out of your hand. Driving on the street would be impossible with it welded.

It's not driven on the street but I still want to be able to turn lol. It's a u turn off the track at gateway. So what would the best limited slip be for my goals?