LB7: 11.9 et

Kunz111

Jan 16, 2016
^^^^all the reasons why I went with a s369sxe. How much power would that charger with an empire cam, 10mm pump and some 60 over sticks make?

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Twins are nice but also a PITA
I'll say a decent sized single to keep the engine bay fairly open, easier to work on, not relocating the ps battery, not heating up the oil even more & not kill the rods with torque
Some decent sized injectors & hopefully your cp3 is healthy

PS baterry is gone for weight reduction, built motor, and Ive got duals but am considering a single for... Weight reduction. But I do agree on single for simplicity but Id do a remote mount. Just heard of spooling issues.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Nitrous is inconsistent but you guys are really leaning me towards a single.

Nitrous is consistent in the fun department. I'm currently running just a baby jet. I'm thinking about throwing a huge shot at it for nationals and see if I can't crack 10s with that setup. I've got plenty of fuel left over to do it.
But seriously, with the tuning and turbo options we have available, compounds are a hard sell for the power level you're looking for. This 68 truly lights up like stock and drivability is incredible. A single is cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable. I don't know a single guy running big power with compounds that hasn't fought boost leaks etc at some point or another. I like simplicity. Less shit to go wrong means more time I get to enjoy the truck.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Nitrous is very consistent if you have a controller and a bottle heater to keep pressure up.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Grab a box stock s472/87/.9

Itll make plenty of power and keep you out the the low end crank snapping torque. They spool fast with the proper converter.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Would like to compete both heads-up SD and bracket SM. So my quickest ET can only be 11.5 but would like to dial 11.9.

i would make sure you have more power than needed on hand to run your 11.9. id dial in a dsp5 on level 2 or 3 that runs 12.0-12.1 pretty consistant, then use the next few power levels to give you that "edge" in staying with the guy next to you or playing catch up on a bad launch. OR use some spray to do the same thing as the dsp.