Which Danville turbo do I have?

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
I build turbos for all trucks that just happens to be one of my favorites. I own a duramax and build more duramax turbos than others. 850 HP depends on a lot more factors then just that turbo bud. Key word "twinning"

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I build turbos for all trucks that just happens to be one of my favorites. I own a duramax and build more duramax turbos than others. 850 HP depends on a lot more factors then just that turbo bud.

Look, maybe you build turbos.. maybe your full of shit.. but until you post info like mark does with every exact detail showing what's he is doing to make power and backing it up at the track then just pipe down a little.

A. Stock Lbz

Aug 13, 2013
spokane wa
I build turbos for all trucks that just happens to be one of my favorites. I own a duramax and build more duramax turbos than others. 850 HP depends on a lot more factors then just that turbo bud. Key word "twinning"

What's the name of your shop? If you build alot of turbos someone around here must know who you are.

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
I'm not denying mark went faster with a vgt turbo and can build excellent better than me he probably can. I'm not trying to say I'm the best turbo builder in all of diesel history. I have a lot of experience and know a thing or too and all I was saying was I'd choose a different turbo then that if he he had the funds. If not so be it.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not denying mark went faster with a vgt turbo and can build excellent better than me he probably can. I'm not trying to say I'm the best turbo builder in all of diesel history. I have a lot of experience and know a thing or too and all I was saying was I'd choose a different turbo then that if he he had the funds. If not so be it.

Ok... so why would you choose a different turbo than a 68 stage 2 R?

I'd like to know what you would recommend too..

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I wanted that turbo so bad but the proper tuning was just never there for the lml. They sure are a nasty turbo from all the info I've gathered. Wasn't it mark that put down 650. Stock injectors and cp3? I'm not sure what my truck is making but i know I'd be plenty content with 650 haha.

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
Well for one we don't even know if its an R yet cause he hasn't dropped it and measured the vanes. And the PTE and BW SXE are better. Precision makes great turbos

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah I'd just pull it and build a new turbo and sell that one depending on where you are financially. I can help you build a decent turbo system for more efficient boost and longer lasting.
Just joined today and already blowing smoke...... just quit already

Torqued

Turbo boost = 120 Psi
Jan 2, 2017
Ohio
Wasn't blowing smoke lol my injectors are just fine :woott:
I wasn't trying to upset anyone I just offered what I would do take it or leave it is it a good turbo of course it is

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Well for one we don't even know if its an R yet cause he hasn't dropped it and measured the vanes. And the PTE and BW SXE are better. Precision makes great turbos

Um... I'm pretty sure we are talking vgt turbos are we not?

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
Truck has a Danville turbo which i was told was a 68stg2r but truck doesn't have that F-16 in kill mode sound to it. What's best way to tell which turbo this is?

I'd get in touch with Danville & let them help you decide what turbo it is

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
I think this could be the guy on craigslist an fd claiming to be a big turbo builder for cheap all the younger kids around me keep talking about this guy or kid(if its the same one) I know he's is from ohio also

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
To the original poster, that appears to either be my original 68mm billet Stg2 or the 66mm Billet stg2 judging by the compressor design and is at least 4+years old because it is in a stock cover turbo. It may also be someone else's turbo that just bought a wheel from us as a lot of other people have bought my wheels in the past and sold the turbo's as mine even though it just has my wheel. If you don't have the original receipt from the purchase it is almost impossible to tell what turbo you have without tearing it down and inspecting it.

To this Torqued guy, prove it at the track or move along. This forum is full of the hardcore old school guys that can smell your BS a couple miles away. I started Danville Performance in 2006 and it was Fleece and I that offered the first upgraded vgt turbos back then. You just showed up here in the last day or so??? Like these guys said already, my customers and I hold all the dyno and track records with a vgt in every combination be it single, twinned, triple turbo'd setup.:thumb: