LMM: Watch out i hooked me 2 pcv hoses together

Status
Not open for further replies.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
Why did my truck shoot oil out of the tail pipe... I went to do a pcv reroute.. I thought well why do a T and run it under the truck ? So it can cause any smoke ect,, Well i did a 5/8 hose from one side valve cover to the other .. Let me tell you what, big white smoke and oil every were, it was like a fire hose blowing out smOke and oil ???????????????????????????? Why

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
now you have a ncv lol. you need to tee that line and run it to atmosphere. all that pressure youre building has to go somewhere and thru your turbo and out the exhaust it went

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
You should have put the T in the line and ran it down under the truck, the engine did not have any where else to vent to so it blew it out the tail pipe

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
i did the the T afterwords..... but i wanted to know why i got the fire hose effect ..hey i found a weld in the cat, i missed when i shoved a 3in pipe thru it..still dripping oil thru that spot.. and i havnt started it in 2hrs ..does that give you a idea of the amount of oil it blew thru there ,,,,yikes. but why that much is something wrong ... i got the pcv idea from you guys:eek:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
PCV -- Positive Crankcase Ventilation -- used to vent the pressure buildup in the crankcase (some cyl pressure does leak into the crankcase when engine is running)

You tied both sides together instead of venting to atmosphere, so you had NO venting at all. Pressure kept building inside the engine case, and it eventually has to vent SOMEWHERE, in your case out the exhaust (maybe thru the EGR system?)
Time will tell if you hurt anything, you're just lucky you didnt blow out your main seals.

But dont come on here and blame the forum because you didnt know what you were doing.

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
never blamed anybody... i read alot of different post and I DECIEDED it was for me ... SLOW your road .. Think and read before pop off in your post ..You dont know ME ! I have a block off plate so im still trying to figure out how it went thru the tail pipe ..

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
never blamed anybody... i read alot of different post and I DECIEDED it was for me ... SLOW your road .. Think and read before pop off in your post ..You dont know ME ! I have a block off plate so im still trying to figure out how it went thru the tail pipe ..

get used to the jumpity on these sites....everyone has a gun to your head about stuff you say....just let it go:thumb:

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
I see spare part.. i dont mean anybody any harm im not a hateful person this is the first time i ran into such .. he may have took what i said the wrong way im 6,5 240lb i dont worry much.. If you were offened im sorry about that wasnt ment as a poke at anybody or the forum..... BACK to the wild oil job i gave my self .. xmadmax the turbo was smoking slightly like if you were to have dripped oil on exhaust pipe not big smoke just you could tell look kinda like oil dripped on it ... do you think i hurt the turbo if it did ..god what a dumb thing to do.. Never would have guessed plugging them together would have done such a mess

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
my wife drives a lb7 thats the one before the lmm right ? i was a dodge drive before i converted ... all my hot rods are chevy gas .... but with the technology in these diesels now a simple but dumb thing could wipe it out more make it king smoke lol my new nickname (king white smoke) lol

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Check and see if you ahve any shaft play on your charger. If so I'd say your bearing in the turbo is where the oil came from. Thats a guess but worth looking into

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
no shaft play seem kinda tight ... but spun easy .only has 40,000 miles on it ...im lucky there i think.. it didnt start right off,, i got down the road a mile.. and i was thinking thats white smoke ? pulled over .. thought i forgot to hook up mas sencor..

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
as i drive it know you dont see white smoke.. but evey know an then it puffs a little white smoke very small amount,, do you think it just left over oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.