Twin turbo build

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Just got home from work, going to sleep for 3 hours or so and then see how much ass I can kick on getting the compounds done today. I still need to build the hot pipe, downpipe and tap the oil return fitting. Everything else is done.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Mike do you know the import hood trick on these trucks? Makes working under there so much better.. Take the bolts loose and move the spring back to the back hole, hood stands straight up.

If you already knew then ignore that

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Mike do you know the import hood trick on these trucks? Makes working under there so much better.. Take the bolts loose and move the spring back to the back hole, hood stands straight up.

If you already knew then ignore that

I know about it. I've had to open and close my hood 50 times checking clearances so I can't put it in the service mode.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Holy crap Mike your mock up and fabrication is going faster than just my installing parts went. I know you said don't judge your hot pipe but I know a mandrel bend could be found that I am sure would flow better. All them pie cuts and joints have got to be disruptive to air flow, not to mention that was lot of work. Very clean looking system and wow you're fast.:thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The pie cuts won't be much issue but if the inside is not smooth or close to it, you can create hot spots which will weaken the pipe and cause it to crack. Might not notice it that far out on the exhaust but something to think about