Twin turbo build

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Columbia River is apparently having a hell of a time bending 1 piece of 304 stainless to a 45°. They said it would ship yesterday so I asked today for a tracking number and they said they are "still bending that pipe".

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Looking good so far Mike :thumb: I'm sure you've thought of this, but is some kind of restrictor needed on the oil feed when running a ball bearing turbo?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Started messing around with it today. Made a bracket that utilizes 2 of the battery tray studs off the fire wall that holds the coolant bottle. Routed the coolant lines and went for a test drive. My piping shipped today minus the 45° bend. So i asked if they can substitute the bend with straight pipe and i will just cut it and make the bend I need.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
100 psi boost gauge just showed up. So I'll go out and install that right now. All the piping except for 1 piece will be here tomorrow. I swapped the 1 45° bend for a straight piece. That should ship today. Doesn't matter though, I won't be able to start building till tuesday.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Hope to have the truck driving by wednesday.

Gauges are in.

Turbo mount and intake are done.

Cross over pipe is done. Just need to clean up the welds.

Don't mind that exhaust globber elbow thing...I was experimenting.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I would run a brace from the charge pipe to one of the bolts on the A/C compressor or somewhere else to your liking. If you don't you can/will run into issues with with it blowing out of the 72. Ask me how I know :D

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Small crossover isn't it?

It's 3". I looked around to find kits that used 3" and alot of people ended up doing 3" for space purposes. Couldnt seem to find any negatives of 3". Idealy I wanted 3.5" but that didn't happen. My valley turbo sits so low it was hard to come up with a way to get the charge pipe to work and look good. If it sat up high like most kits I've seen, I would have done 3.5". Considering the rest of the Intercooler piping is 3", I don't see much Iissue.

I will brace it as well Evan:thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Looks good man, I think the 3" just looks small because there are 2 large ass turbos in there..