Twin turbo build

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I don't really give a crap anymore. I'll never have the money to competively compete in this sport. I have enough money and talent to impress myself and make myself happy.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Just flashed in my new maf adjusted tune. It is night and day better. No more fuel knock under load, way less smoke and throttle response is way up. Turbos come up so much easier now that the motor doesn't get choked out by fuel. The motor is so quiet now compared to before. I could probably scale the maf back a hair more but I don't want to risk spool-ability and bugging Zach for a potential 3rd maf revision.

Driving around at 4am for the last hour:D

Fell asleep on the couch, woke up around 2:30am and saw I had an email from my tuner...had to go test it out.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Nice Mike!!! I know you work some strange hours and I have know idea where you are right now but get some sleep bud and not on the couch!!!:thumb:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Problem with competing in the compound class is alot of trucks are making 1100+hp. Its like like bringing a knife to a gun fight in that class unless you have loooots of $$$$$!

Industrial's event always brings out some big guns. I showed up to that event a couple years back with my built 7.3 and made 1,018 and didn't even place for hells sake. One of the biggest dyno numbers out of any Power Stroke at that time and it went completely un-noticed thanks to Custom Auto and Dmitiris trucks going 1600+ that day. :(

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Nice Mike!!! I know you work some strange hours and I have know idea where you are right now but get some sleep bud and not on the couch!!!:thumb:

I LOVE sleeping on my couch. I'd much rather sleep on the couch than in the bed, but the wife gets annoyed because I fall asleep on the couch then at like 4am I move up to the bedroom. Since I work graves my nights off are the only nights she gets to see me so I'm sure you can imagine. Its a 2 way street though because she will do anything she can to pawn off her shifts just to see me for another half hour or something...so then of course her check is missing 8-16 hours...she'll do it every week, I can just about count on it.

Industrial's event always brings out some big guns. I showed up to that event a couple years back with my built 7.3 and made 1,018 and didn't even place for hells sake. One of the biggest dyno numbers out of any Power Stroke at that time and it went completely un-noticed thanks to Custom Auto and Dmitiris trucks going 1600+ that day. :(

Yea I've given up trying to compete. I'll never have the money to do it and stay on top. I definitely can't afford to blow an engine up on the dyno just for fun. I built my truck how i wanted and i will simply go to the events, dyno and just hang out and watch everyone else carnage. Industrial puts on a good show and give out TONS of prizes in the raffle.

That thing sounds bad Mike!

When I took the first test drive, I got the big turbo up around 5-7 psi and couldn't hear it and thought it was going to be a quiet beast. I was slightly disapointed...then I got on it a little more and was nicely surprised. That big 6 blade billet wheel makes some noise! It doesn't come to life till 10 psi.

That's a beautiful sound. I'd like it as a ringtone. Lol

Not a bad idea:D

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I knew you worked crazy hours an you have put some crazy time in on your truck too. I know about being on different shifts my better half works swings I have been laid off for almost 3 months and our time together is still limited. At one time we were both on swings at the same place, a lot of people were amazed we could be together 24/7 and not kill each other but those were the best times in our relationship:hug:
Seriously though good sleep is important:thumb:

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
mike diesel;906513 Yea I've given up trying to compete. I'll never have the money to do it and stay on top. I definitely can't afford to blow an engine up on the dyno just for fun. I built my truck how i wanted and i will simply go to the events said:
Indeed. To compete I have made the conclusion that you either have to dedicate every Penny you have, or own a successful shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk