those of you with stacks...

spddemon1982

Mar 14, 2010
Lubbock, Texas
I wanna say it still has a cat. will have to look in the morning, hell I didnt even think about th ca emissions. hell I live is West Texas. NOW im really going to start the stack layout. Any ideas on what would work best?:D:thumb::D

MadMooseEngineering

Mar 28, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Oh yea....only thing that irritates me is that the stacks wont smoke evenly. I've checked the t-pipe and it has a little plate that's suppose to distribute the smoke to both but seems to puke out of the drivers side and trail out of the passenger. I might have a video of that somewhere.

your stacks my not be smoking evenly because they flow isnt exactly split evenly those little plates dont work to well in my opinion but it would smoke out the passenger side more than the drivers so than i dunno. mine flows out both sides evenly because mine is in the center, even distance between both sides with no plate in the center. here is a pic:
IMG_3786.jpg

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Checked my Truck no cat THANK GOD. Now the only question is "To muffler or not to muffler?":confused:

My response to that would be stock turbo or aftermarket turbo? No muffler with a stock turbo is actually not that loud, at least by my standards. I currently have my stack setup with an S480 and no muffler, and after driving 60 miles on the highway when you get out of the truck your ears are ringing. I will be putting a muffler on the front pipe, and perhaps some slip-ins inside the stacks as well.