My Build Has Started!

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
They are based on the same Mahle Race Casts you were considering. Just a different bowl that improves their strength.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Why only 40 overs? Who makes your Turbo ped. And piping?

Just looking at driveability and winter idling-same reason as the higher CR. However Simon is telling me I'm dumb for not going with 100 overs. I can always go bigger later but that said I guess I can go smaller too. I haven't sent them away yet so there is still time to decide.

My turbo pedestal is a bullseye that I got from Trent @ EPR when I bought my S464. Turbo piping is 3" that were made by Paul (Turbobuick6) who is no longer around. They have 3 - 1/8" bungs in the cold pipe for water meth plus one for a boost sensor and the MAF. It will all be for sale as a kit.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Bump :)

So how's it going?

Frozen-Literally!!

Didn't get power into my garage before it turned cold so I said piss on it, bought an old '97 powerstroke, and have been suffering without my Dmax until recently when I got my company truck. Only thing I got done was to pull the batteries out for the Ford lol!

Now that things are starting to warm up and I have more time I'm going to start doing more. First goal is to get the fluids all drained, pull the engine oil filter and look for pieces.

Then I will pull the trans and get it ready to ship down to Mike L and put a pump rub kit in the T-Case. From there it will be rip and tear till I'm down to a shortblock.

My other shortblock is waiting on machining still but all the pieces are there to put it together. I need to get some time and run to Billings once the machining and balance is done to do the final assy. and pick it up.

Hoping to have it all done by summer. We will see.........

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Copy that. I think Mike has me all covered though.
I might be able to sell it for you if you want.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well I'm bracing myself to be extremely $&@/?!@ pissed off at myself cuz I think I parked my truck fearing the worst six months ago just for a broken flexplate and not a broken crank like I and GM thought.
Just dumped my oil and cut the filter open and not spec of metal anywhere. This doesn't mean my crank isn't broken, but it seems fishy. Need to get the trans out pronto!!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well I'm bracing myself to be extremely $&@/?!@ pissed off at myself cuz I think I parked my truck fearing the worst six months ago just for a broken flexplate and not a broken crank like I and GM thought.
Just dumped my oil and cut the filter open and not spec of metal anywhere. This doesn't mean my crank isn't broken, but it seems fishy. Need to get the trans out pronto!!

Does the balancer wobble when you grab ahold of it? When my crank broke it was pretty obvious visually and the sound was something unique to say the least:(

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
When it was at gm buddy pulled the belt off and said there didn't seem to be any movement in the balancer or wobble. I haven't checked for myself yet though.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
It was not alot of movement on mine but you could definetly tell it was broke by wiggling it up and down. Hopefully its not the crank and you just gave her a little well deserved vacation ;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
If it is the flex plate I might have a stock LBZ one off my truck you can have.

Edit: I do have it.

Thanks Dan.
I may go with a one piece Socal unit though.
Will see what the tear out of the trans reveals.