Just put a tuner on my truck

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015
9cb486a481ca0d5b3032208f25009dc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Lol yeah not on that one. Need the insight monitor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My buddy started off with a Quad to delete the DPF and the Edge Juice with Attitude for tuning. The Edge was so fussy that it would sometimes no-start until he unplugged and replugged, sacrificed a chicken, etc. At the time, I was on a Banks 6-gun with SL. We sold all of our tuners and bought an EFI Live V2 together! Our other buddy had stacked a Banks 6 gun with a Superchips tuner, lol. He bought a V2 just before we did, lol.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
BTW - I use an Edge Evolution on setting 0 as a monitor on my truck :)

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I was told by a number of reliable sources that it is not a good idea that 0 is not really stock it is optimized stock making it it unclear what is really happening within the system. I am old school and like guages however the guages I want are spendy and I have hit a temporary financial road block so they are out of the budget for now. In bad need of monitoring engine vitals now I bit the bullet and bought an Edge Insight CS and EGT prob, I will mount it in billet overhead mount that the Attitude from my old Edge Juice was in. The screen may be small and I am blind as a bat but it monitors everything I need, has audible alerts and won't break the bank.:thumb:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
fill out your sig and how many miles. I did a LB7 awhile back that had rail pressure issues and since rail pressure was very low no change could be felt after tuning. you might have an issue going on like that too.

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015
fill out your sig and how many miles. I did a LB7 awhile back that had rail pressure issues and since rail pressure was very low no change could be felt after tuning. you might have an issue going on like that too.

My dummy engine temp gauge is WAY off, when it reads like 180 my Attitude monitor says between 130 and 145. I had to break out the cold weather bra to get it to 174 degrees for the tuner to actually work. It has a built in safety that doesn't let any tune work till it hit at least 160 degrees. Then it only gives you 50% of the tune you select until the engine temp hits 174 degrees, at 174 it will now give you 100% of the tunes. So it does work, it just took me a bit to get it to temp.

02 four door dually with 142000 miles, Bills intake, 5" MBRP from down pipe back (no muffler) and Edge Juice with Attitude

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015
The Evolution doesn't do anything to my tune, but as I recall the Juice w/Att is known to add timing even on setting 0.

Ahh crap, so sell it and sink more money into it.

02 four door dually with 142000 miles, Bills intake, 5" MBRP from down pipe back (no muffler) and Edge Juice with Attitude

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
That is by far one of the worst tuners out there. I used to have one on my truck, wide open runs it would defuel terribly on shifts even with defuel off it would cut out like no other. Once in a while truck just woukd straight up not build boost so id have to restart the tuner to fix it. And no you cant use just the monitor part, it has to communicate with the juice module. I got efi live from tony at ridge runner diesel "moonshine" and its a night and day difference. Do the research theres many good efi live tuners out there. And some not so good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it in the thread. I wonder with your engine temps the way they are if you have a bad thermostat/s? You shouldn't have any problem getting your truck up to temp unless you live in an extremely cold climate.

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015
Thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it in the thread. I wonder with your engine temps the way they are if you have a bad thermostat/s? You shouldn't have any problem getting your truck up to temp unless you live in an extremely cold climate.

It's been anywhere from -0 to 50. I liven in the communist republic of NJ. What do you think is proper, what the attitude is reading or dummy gauge?

SlowSilverado02

Feb 3, 2015
Where in NJ???:thumb:

I really don't like to say, but Moorestown. Don't hold it against me, I'm originally from Pittsburgh PA.