intercooler pipes

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
you could also make friends with the local muffler guy and he can get you all the parts from the local warehouse.

I would expect $50-75 for something simple, just increasing ID. Anything over 4" ID gets $$$ quick.

Good luck, it's fun (IMO) fabbing that stuff.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Here is a pic of mine with the old turbo on it is now only slightly different:)

I did this for about 50 bucks,Lucky for me my Y bridge is allready 3"

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    873.1 KB · Views: 144

05lly2500hd

(903)293-6026
Feb 16, 2008
Texarkana, TX
I just got a driver's side CAC from Banks (ATP) where did you get a boot to fit?
I'm thinking I need to go from turbo(2"?) up to 3" on pipe................I just painted mine black, took the old one out and realized it wouldn't fit because of the boot................damnit!

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
You can buy the banks kit with the clamps and boots for about $150 retail - the pipe itself for $89. Although Banks doesn't advertise it this way, the driver's side pipe will fit LB7, LLY, LBZ, and most likely LMM. It is the same powder coated pipe that killerbee was marketing with a HUGE mark-up as his own "ceramic coated" pipe.:rolleyes:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
no I"m not sure it's 2", just guessing. What would i measure? the OD?

I would measure the ID or both for that matter...Im pretty sure you would want the ID as certain brands of silcone hose range from 3 ply to 5ply and that doesnt change the ID:)

If Banks charges a extra 60 bucks for the 2 hoses and clamps I think that is a little steep IMO But convience is always nice.

If i was to geuss i would say 2-1/2 to 3" is what you need

Last edited:

05lly2500hd

(903)293-6026
Feb 16, 2008
Texarkana, TX
I was actually talking about measuring the OD of compressor outlet...but yeah it would make more sense to measure the boot on there now...
I've already ordered and recieved the tube, so don't know how to go about getting the boot and clamp, which I only need the top side, not the bottom. Guy I bought it from is on vacation. I'm anxious and would like to be able to find something local, just have no idea where to start.
Thanks.

Killerbee

Got Honey?
You can buy the banks kit with the clamps and boots for about $150 retail - the pipe itself for $89. Although Banks doesn't advertise it this way, the driver's side pipe will fit LB7, LLY, LBZ, and most likely LMM. It is the same powder coated pipe that killerbee was marketing with a HUGE mark-up as his own "ceramic coated" pipe.:rolleyes:

Easy hoss, you don't know the whole story. Banks is who said they were ceramic, not me. I realize that it is still my problem, but there is a difference between lying, (what you are implying), and being lied to.

My markup was an industry standard. I assembled a complete kit for a reasonable price. People don't feed there families without making money somehow.

Banks markets them now (they didn't before I made them popular) for a price that is slightly less than what they charged me when I purchased in quantity. I am very upset about how they treated me, and I learned a lesson from it...but you should know, there is a lot more to this story that nobody is aware of. So I am just asking you to believe me....and I am not going to bash any company or entity for its corp decisions, just know there is more than one victim here.

I will be finding a new manufacture (that's all Banks is to me) for spec'd boost tubes, 3" and 3.5", with npt bungs for measuring COT, or for nitrous/WMI. They will be clearcoated stainless steel with no ceramic anything. I may try aluminum also.

Last edited: