House payment

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
My shop,house,kids,toys everything is less than most of your house payments!!! I need a better job. I was thinking I did pretty good. You guys make me look pretty bad. I owe a total of $75k to the world. It should be paid of in 4 or 5 years. If I made the money you guys made I wouldn't owe anything. I'm happy for the folk's that make big, it gives me something to shot for. Is anyone hiring??:D I work for cheap. Jeff

My motto is work more sleep less!! I'm just lucky to have a decent income in an area where the average household income is fairly low so it keeps prices on most places in check. I believe the avg here is like $55-$60K a year and with my wife and I making roughly double that we do pretty well on what would be considered an avg income in other areas. I work for a laboratory as a regular job and own my own business too. Wife is a office manager for a local bank. I get disgusted though when I start looking at hours worked versus money made lol!! 120+/- hour weeks aren't uncommon during the busy seasons and some travel is involved sometimes.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
I own a nice trailor on the land im going to build my home. 3bd 2 bth. It is a nice little pad for 21, single, and it is on 40 acres. I will probably not build for a while because i like toys too much and im still trying to build up my small business. One day i will grow up :spit:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Tick over 700/mth & that includes taxes & INS in escrow. It's appraised 225k but we got it on a short sell for considerably less & had a large down payment as well.

I don't make as much in a reg 160hr month as some of you all pay for your house a month.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
House Payment?? Shit i just sleep in the back of the Caged Hooker :rofl: Mines 1200 a month including ins and taxes.

Skyhigh4by

Goin to Poochisloose
Apr 13, 2008
Powell River, BC
Mechanical engineer. Old man and I own a machine shop together.

I guess Im on the right path with mechanical engineering school :thumb:

Im 24 and I rent. Average house prices around these parts are pretty high. Vancouver and Victoria are both about $450-500K median house price. It will be a while before I can afford to get into the market.

Props to all you other young guys though.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Yeah, props to you young guys! Im 25 and rent for 550 a month. Hard to buy much only grossing 35,000 a year lol. I can't believe what some of you pay. That is just unreal

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You need to look into NACA you can't beat there rates hardly. Its not just for first time home buyers, but there are some criteria you have to meet. We bought our interest rate down to 0.25% fixed. You can bet I won't pay it off early. It does suck when tax time rolls around and you only paid a few $100 in interest for the year though.:rofl:

SLCviaAK

wannabe
Aug 21, 2009
Salt Lake
Just to show how housing prices range drastically from area to area, I just bought my first home this summer in the Salt Lake area. 1950 sq ft 35 year old home w/ detached 24x24 garage on .40 acre that was just remodeled. Paid 160,000 out the door. I pay 1085 a mo @ 5.0 fixed (includes escrow/tax/ins). My parents house in Alaska is about 2500 sq ft now on .50 acre, built in 1980. Their house was recently appraised at almost $350,000. And that is in this shitty real estate market. Location changes everything.

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
Im in the process of buying house/farm and the thing that is pissing me off is there arent a lot of options for annual payments. When you farm and are trying to start out that is the best way but banks dont give a ****

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
My house is small!!!

But it costs me $750 / month.... good news it will be paid off in a couple more years (was 10yr loan)

Then I'll have the funding to keep making it bigger :thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Sucks I own a older home on a 1/2 acre back in Md and also shared almost a 3,000 sqft home on 1 acre with my mom. Before having to move to Kansas now I pay to rent a 1,000 sqft 2 br 2 bath apartment for 705 a month with trash and water Renters ins is 160 a year and in cable and internet electric and gas bill I waste 1036.00 a month.I will be happy when they figure out if they find me a job to stay on or I move back to Md. Atleast I will be debt free in a few more years 50k to go lol to think what I have wasited on my truck and cars and guns and 4 wheelers lol.:spit:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Wow thats crazy Jason , I pay about 2g a year and thought that was bad :eek:

N.Y. buddie:rolleyes::D But it's not as bad as it sounds, Thats for 3 houses. One That I live in and 2 rentals. The Rentals will eventually make me money so its all good:thumb: 16 months untill the rentals are mortage free, Can't wait:):)