Help me pick a turbo

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
My truck currently only gets used on the weekends and I tow maybe two to four times a year. I've sled pulled twice and have been to the track once and I'm not too concerned about doing either again but wouldn't be opposed to it either. I'm wanting 600 horse right now with the ability to grow a little down the road. Also looking to lower EGTs a bit. I have a MLG converter. Options I've considered, a 4094va, DP billet 66-68 vgt, a SDP single S400 kit S465-68 83/.90ar or SDP S475 over stock. I know nothing is safe past stock but I want the safest choice out of what I listed. Thanks a lot guys!:Charger:
Edit: I'm also on stock fueling with the possibility of 30-45% over sticks in the future

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Yep I can let you know in a few days about it I have one on its way!!!:woott:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
S475/ stock setup gets my vote once again. Great spool up, drivability, low egts, low drive pressures, tow with cool temps and can put down all the power you would want to put to a stock engine.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
475 over stock is a great set up.. Marks new 3794 is awesome also! And with a single its just easier all around working on the truck

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
S475/ stock setup gets my vote once again. Great spool up, drivability, low egts, low drive pressures, tow with cool temps and can put down all the power you would want to put to a stock engine.
I would like the quick spool up and the low EGT's. I've heard a single is easier on a motor because where a single will have lag the compounds will be spooling and rods bend at low RPM
475 over stock is a great set up.. Marks new 3794 is awesome also! And with a single its just easier all around working on the truck
I like the simplicity of a single. This is a very tough choice. I need to call Mark and Scott tomorrow

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Why do you say that? Whats more reliable about a single? Why wouldn't you go back to them?

I didn't like the filter location, I didn't like the extra heat under the hood, I didn't like the extra stress and heat on my oil, I didn't like having to drill my oil pan..... it's just more pipes and fittings to leak, more places for stuff to rub together and cause issues, most kits don't have a coolant level sensor or the second battery.... Alot of things that don't bother alot of people, but stuff that was important to me. I liked the simplicity of my single fixed vane. Just my personal preference.

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
I didn't like the filter location, I didn't like the extra heat under the hood, I didn't like the extra stress and heat on my oil, I didn't like having to drill my oil pan..... it's just more pipes and fittings to leak, more places for stuff to rub together and cause issues, most kits don't have a coolant level sensor or the second battery.... Alot of things that don't bother alot of people, but stuff that was important to me. I liked the simplicity of my single fixed vane. Just my personal preference.

I agree with you 100%. I'm most cancerned about the longevity of my engine and I think the added oil temp would be :dontknow:

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
To spool a bigger single you'll need more fuel. The added down low fueling will be hard on your motor. Egts with a vvt turbo won't be any lower than what you experience now but you will gain power. My stocker hit 2000 deg and so did my 4094. Best all around spool up, power, and egt reduction will be the s475 o/stock. But like others have said you have extra piping, have to relocate stuff, higher oil temps are possible, and more clutter under the hood.

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
To spool a bigger single you'll need more fuel. The added down low fueling will be hard on your motor. Egts with a vvt turbo won't be any lower than what you experience now but you will gain power. My stocker hit 2000 deg and so did my 4094. Best all around spool up, power, and egt reduction will be the s475 o/stock. But like others have said you have extra piping, have to relocate stuff, higher oil temps are possible, and more clutter under the hood.

Would I need more down low fueling to spool a S465?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
75-80 mm over stock is unbeatable IMOP. Other than the extra pipes and possible added oil temps. I have never had any oil temp issues with any of the chargers I have ran, gt4202, gt4202r, comp 82mm.

shawn's diesel

Dec 25, 2014
Colorado
75-80 mm over stock is unbeatable IMOP. Other than the extra pipes and possible added oil temps. I have never had any oil temp issues with any of the chargers I have ran, gt4202, gt4202r, comp 82mm.

Thank you for your opinion. Witch one would you go with? 75 or 80?