Question: GM monitoring sites

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Well, if you havent posted your name, address or VIN of your truck on the forum, or have posted pics of the license plate in your gallery, how is GM going to prove that you are mmangels22?

Sure, I guess they could go to the trouble of figuring out that you are the only Matt in San Mateo, CA with a 2005 Chevy Silver Birch CC/SB with a 6" Fabtech lift, and Toyos on MotoMetal wheels, but why? Thats a PITA to do, dont you think?

CRAP!!!!!!
Guess that 'since you've had so much trouble we are extending your transmission warranty to 90,000 miles' they gave mw for the stepchild isnt worth the paper its written on now.
Thanks for posting those vids Tom :thumb: :rofl:

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
Well, if you havent posted your name, address or VIN of your truck on the forum, or have posted pics of the license plate in your gallery, how is GM going to prove that you are mmangels22? :D

Sure, I guess they could go to the trouble of figuring out that you are the only Matt in San Mateo, CA with a 2005 Chevy Silver Birch CC/SB with a 6" Fabtech lift, and Toyos on MotoMetal wheels, but why? Thats a PITA to do, dont you think?

Funny thing is, I probably am the only Matt with said truck and mods.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
But the injectors are issues on these trucks in the first place so how could they prove my programmer at a "mild" tune caused the already known problem to fail when they are already known to fail, if that makes any sense:confused::D

I understand what your saying, and Im not disagreeing, but they could say that the injection system wasnt designed for that amount of fuel/pressure/what have you, and they were designed with a certain safety margin, and that although there may be issues, those were within spec, and since yours are out of spec, no-go.

Thats a tough argument, if yours fails modded, yet stock ones fail as well.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
IMO LB7's injectors are just a sh!t @ss design that are/will fail at some point regardless...Thats my only real grief with the LB7 other than having to change them but would be a non-issue if they lasted. Magiclly, all subsequent dmax models have a relativly trouble free injector design. Thats a nice coincidence, huh. You would think they would make an improved inj that works but thats asking too much.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
A "reasonably priced" replacement would be nice for the LB7. But lets not bring that ugly argument into this.