Georend vs suncoast

Nickracer9

May 23, 2012
I like the fluid coupling of the limitless converter. The R I could blow through it easily at 600whp. Now with even more power the limitless is still multiplying the torque efficiently instead of revving to the moon.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I like the fluid coupling of the limitless converter. The R I could blow through it easily at 600whp. Now with even more power the limitless is still multiplying the torque efficiently instead of revving to the moon.

Which Limitless converter are you referring to

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Does the goerend have that annoying bump into lockup under light throttle like the suncoast does in an lmm?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Does the goerend have that annoying bump into lockup under light throttle like the suncoast does in an lmm?

I’ll say i took a 1056 out and put a g in and could not be happier. In fact will not install a 1056 again.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Excellent. Glad to hear. I’m sure some people could care less, but I cannot stand the lockup bump in the Suncoasts in the lmm. I’ve heard in other older models it’s not an issue, but I’ve been in my lmm and another lmm with suncoast 777 and 1078 and the bump isn’t something that I can live with. If the georend doesn’t have that issue, then I’ll be saving my pennies to upgrade from my Precision some day.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
No problems with my 1056, you know it's locking up but it's not annoying by any means. Sometimes wish it would lock up harder.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Excellent. Glad to hear. I’m sure some people could care less, but I cannot stand the lockup bump in the Suncoasts in the lmm. I’ve heard in other older models it’s not an issue, but I’ve been in my lmm and another lmm with suncoast 777 and 1078 and the bump isn’t something that I can live with. If the georend doesn’t have that issue, then I’ll be saving my pennies to upgrade from my Precision some day.

My truck was horrible with lockup on a 1058. I’d give it 30% throttle while merging with traffic and the lockup was so violent sometimes it would jerk your neck back. It probably chirped the tires if you could hear over the exhaust.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
My truck was horrible with lockup on a 1058. I’d give it 30% throttle while merging with traffic and the lockup was so violent sometimes it would jerk your neck back. It probably chirped the tires if you could hear over the exhaust.

Some of the older 1058’s were violent luckily that’s been fixed. As far as bump on lock up. I’ve had it with every converter brand and I’ve had each brand not do it....I’ve got an LMM here now getting a fresh build and a new 1077 that has a R that has “the bump” so I don’t think there is solution by brand. Luckily 99.9% don’t care but you can’t please everyone.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
No problems with my 1056, you know it's locking up but it's not annoying by any means. Sometimes wish it would lock up harder.

I’m probably just more of a sissy than you, lmao. Seriously though, my 777 lockup was so bad that George agreed and yanked/swapped it. Good man. My Precision has no lockup bump whatsoever, but I also blow right the hell through during fluid couple. Can’t have my cake and eat it too yet. :) thanks for the feedback.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
violent is the perfect description. In T/H 2nd gear it was the absolute pits too, lol. George had 60 with the problem before Suncoast fixed it in 2016. Like you, he said it was an LMM thing and he could take a problem-child and put it in an LB7 and it was perfect. He swapped mine to this Precision that's supposed to be a tightened up ML, and the bump was immediately gone... so is the fluid coupling though, LOL. I blow right through.

Having driven your 1078, I have to say it's fantastic! The manners off the line and the fluid coupling are exactly right. So nice! No, I'm not a fan of the lockup bump, but it's also nothing like the harshness that I had in the 777 Suncoast. You really have this one nailed; bravo. If my vert took a shit tomorrow, I'd buy one and just understand that the bump "is what it is". I haven't had the pleasure of driving a truck with the Georend though, so I can't compare or give feedback there. I'd like to try that too one day :)

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
1058 was the worst converter I've ran. Would lock up so hard it would cause downshifts. Also wife hated it. We have installed a handful of 1078s. I have heard nothing but great reviews from customers. I personally think many people buy the wrong converter per application reading forums instead of calling a knowledgeable place. That's where a 1078 is nice cause it works well with many applications.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My G is as smooth as stock till you put your foot in it and then its just firm. My precision ML was much harder. wouldnt call it harsh but it let you know when it was locking. That was under light part throttle where coupling wasnt my issue. Ive had 2 G's and each has locked just as smooth. Second one was thrown in as to not take a chance from all the trash that came from my trans and into the original G.

Nickracer9

May 23, 2012
Evans converter definitely has the best fluid coupling of all said converters. The goerend R and precision don’t even come close in that department. They both were sloppy at 600whp. Evan’s tc is better even at 1000whp multiplying torque then those two.

Could this bump be from a tuning issue? The tc commanding lockup during a mismatch in rpm?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Evans converter definitely has the best fluid coupling of all said converters. The goerend R and precision don’t even come close in that department. They both were sloppy at 600whp. Evan’s tc is better even at 1000whp multiplying torque then those two.

Could this bump be from a tuning issue? The tc commanding lockup during a mismatch in rpm?

You are stupid.