Anyone running their Iphone 5 throught bose?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Easy killer.....

I was just asking because as of now..I have the GM Nav, the backup camera interface, and an older Ipod interface. I was wondering if it's just as easy as getting a new head unit with the camera and ipod interface built in and eliminate some of the interfaces I have now.....

dont read it the wrong way, the angle smiley was there to try to keep you from doing that :D :hug:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
My displays title no matter what I am using, still happy as a pig in shit, music means a lot to me and it is a must have.

I got another brain buster for you all, I have the lux with 6 disc and the cd attet to play then stop or skip and stop. No matter if it is a burn or factory cd I don't really need it but sometimes it would be nice.

And another question what is the best in cab phone mount? I don't want suction cups on my windshield or anything but I want it secure and not sitting in my center console all the time.

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
any one know if this would work on a aftermarket (Kenwood). Switched to android and cant play music through deck as of right now. apple and there stupid proprietary software

Jbenso127

Sep 11, 2013
Just ordered one of the iSimple ISGM655 units... Hope it's as good as it's being talked up to be.. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of it, guys.. I've been dying to find something like this for the factory headunit.

Has anyone hooked an amp with a woofer to their factory headunit? Any tricks or devices for that?

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
I installed the ISGM655 and I have to turn the volume all the way up on the factory radio to hear anything. That's with the volume on the input device on the highest level. It does with bt, ipodbt, and aux inputs. I put an email out to isimple customer service but I was hoping someone here would know what I screwed up.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I installed mine last week and all works just fine. Have you pushed the reset button? The USB port and the Bluetooth work just fine with the iPod and by using the blue tooth you can select via the iPod and steering controls, using the USB port steering wheel controls only.

I sent an email to AAMP Support (AAMP replied right away)asking about the firmware update and was going to post the link to see if someone had more knowledge of updating the firmware than I. The directions are a little vague and if done wrong like some items turns them into a paper weight. AutoToys makes it clear on their website the units they send out have the updated firmware and the price is a bit more than Amazon, does it justify the $50.00 dollars and could your firmware need updating?

Firmware update link

http://www.pac-audio.com/firmware/connect/index.html

AAMP customer service

AAMP Support <[email protected]>

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
I installed the ISGM655 and I have to turn the volume all the way up on the factory radio to hear anything. That's with the volume on the input device on the highest level. It does with bt, ipodbt, and aux inputs. I put an email out to isimple customer service but I was hoping someone here would know what I screwed up.
Any more ideas? I've reset it a few times, and talked to customer service. They said their did appear to be an omission in the instructions and they have a call in to engineering to fix it.

I'm still hoping I screwed something simple up. I triple checked the install instructions and I'm 99.9% sure it's in right. It's kind of hard to screw up plugging in a few connectors. Everything on my original stereo plays like normal. I do have a factory Bose xm stereo so everything should work.

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Did you disconnect both batteries when installing and have you considered updating the firmware in post 48?
Yes both batteries were disconnected. I didn't want the truck to think I was stealing the radio. I have not done anything with the firmware. That's my next step if customer service doesn't get me an answer today.

Everyone who installed this and everything was fine, did you do any updates?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Yes both batteries were disconnected. I didn't want the truck to think I was stealing the radio. I have not done anything with the firmware. That's my next step if customer service doesn't get me an answer today.

Everyone who installed this and everything was fine, did you do any updates?

Is that what happens, I was going to install without dis-connecting. Could it have caused some problems by not doing so? I have not updated my firmware.

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Is that what happens, I was going to install without dis-connecting. Could it have caused some problems by not doing so? I have not updated my firmware.
I've heard that sometimes it will theft lock the unit on some vehicles. that little security light blinking at me made me nervous so I disconnected them just in case. I'm not sure what problems it could've caused with the isimple but I was worried about locking up my radio and having to get an unlock code from the stealer.

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
I have had no issues and have not updated firmware...
Wonderful......

I'm going to try the firmware tonight. Then call them tomorrow. I never did get a response from the email after they reworded my email and fed it back to me then said they had a call in to engineering.

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
So for all of you who bought the 655, did your trucks come with XM from the factory. Mine didn't and the 655 won't work.