Anyone running their Iphone 5 throught bose?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks duratothemax for the review found this just in time, going out of town in a few months and was going to purchase the Crutchfield, with the information you supplied changed my mind. ...:thumb: Big Block 88, lucked out and found your post this morning........:woott:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Thanks a ton Ben, the system is awesome. Seamless in every way, I have had no resets yet, I run all music through the cord I don't blue tooth much as battery life is horrid enough with my 5.

Overall worth every penny so any one looking to do this needs to use the iSimple system, install took about 30 min but I have not really mounted anything the way I want yet. The usb plug in is just laying in my center console and the reset in my glove box but not mounted solid yet,microphone is mounted to headliner atleast. When I have more time I will clean it all up and mounted solid

Any way thanks again man, couldn't be happier that's why I love this site no matter what the question some one or multiple people here will chime in and know their shit

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is there a model that works with non-bose trucks? Link?

Its the same part for all 03-07 GMT-800 ('classic') trucks. Bose and non-bose, its all the same. ISGM655 is the part number.

(unless you have a work truck that has the uber basic radio with no CD player)

Amazon, Best Buy, ebay, etc.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Thanks a ton Ben, the system is awesome. Seamless in every way, I have had no resets yet, I run all music through the cord I don't blue tooth much as battery life is horrid enough with my 5.

Overall worth every penny so any one looking to do this needs to use the iSimple system, install took about 30 min but I have not really mounted anything the way I want yet. The usb plug in is just laying in my center console and the reset in my glove box but not mounted solid yet,microphone is mounted to headliner atleast. When I have more time I will clean it all up and mounted solid

Any way thanks again man, couldn't be happier that's why I love this site no matter what the question some one or multiple people here will chime in and know their shit

Glad its working well! It really is a trick setup...IMO they could not have done a better job in integrating the latest technology/features into a limited system (the factory radios in the 03-07 trucks) that was designed somewhere around 2000-2001. It really is impressive how intuitive everything is, and how they've made it as efficient and seamless as possible...

I have the older iSimple gateway version in my truck, that is similar in function/operation to the new ISGM655, but doesnt have bluetooth and it only has an iphone 30-pin dock connector (I have an old iphone 4s, so Im fine with only having the dock connector and no actual USB port).

But I just ordered the newer ISGM655 because my girlfriend has an iphone 5 (obviously no 30-pin connector), and im going to trade my 4s in for the iphone 6 when it comes out this fall...and I hadnt bought any new toys for the truck in ages, so I figured I would just get the ISGM655 now. :)

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
I might be asking too much, but can you retain the factory XM, and do your phone contacts display when you need to make a call? I have a GM Nav unit and was wondering....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ive used/have personal experience with MANY different GM factory radio aux input adapters, and ipod integration kits. USA-Spec, PAC, Axxess, iSimple, Denison, etc.... Ive used basically all of the available aux/ipod integration kits out there for the GM trucks/SUV's.

This one is BY FAR...HANDS DOWN...the best. You can keep factory XM, stream audio over bluetooth, bluetooth phone, shows title/artist info over the factory radio display, you can search for songs using the menu buttons on the factory radio...and in addition to the USB plug (for ipod or android phone), it ALSO has a regular 1/8" stereo input for DVD player, or an older phone that doesnt support the fancy USB stuff.

You can even use Pandora over bluetooth with it. And if you want to skip to the next Pandora song or station, you can do that all with the steering wheel controls or factory radio controls. The bluetooh pairing is perfect and works every time. You jump in the truck, start it up, and 5 seconds later it automatically starts playing music from your Ipod/Iphone/Android/whatever. The integration is flawless, and its very intuitive/easy to use too.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=26516

Like I said...I have experience with lots of different factory radio aux input adapters....and this one ^ kicks all the other ones' asses.

note....the link I posted is for the GMT-800 class 2 databus radios. (03-07 classic) They make the same adapter/same functionality for the 07.5+ GMLAN radios, but obviously its a different part number.

ben

I might be asking too much, but can you retain the factory XM, and do your phone contacts display when you need to make a call? I have a GM Nav unit and was wondering....

not too much to ask but a little reading on the first page could have answered your first question :angel:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yes, factory XM, factory rear seat audio, factory rear seat entertainment (If you have DVD), and factory CD changer (if you have a denali/escalade 6-disc remote mount changer) all stays functional.

In addition to the USB, it also has a regular headphone jack analog input for other devices that dont have USB...or if you have an aftermarket DVD player or something.

Theres even an add-on module you can buy that gives you HD radio.

Ben

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
How about a hookup for the 01-02 trucks? All I want to do is play Pandora out of my truck speakers from my phone. I could care less if it did anything else at all.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
not too much to ask but a little reading on the first page could have answered your first question :angel:

Easy killer.....

I was just asking because as of now..I have the GM Nav, the backup camera interface, and an older Ipod interface. I was wondering if it's just as easy as getting a new head unit with the camera and ipod interface built in and eliminate some of the interfaces I have now.....

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Yes, factory XM, factory rear seat audio, factory rear seat entertainment (If you have DVD), and factory CD changer (if you have a denali/escalade 6-disc remote mount changer) all stays functional.

In addition to the USB, it also has a regular headphone jack analog input for other devices that dont have USB...or if you have an aftermarket DVD player or something.

Theres even an add-on module you can buy that gives you HD radio.

Ben

Thanks Ben....Hope all is well with you...

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Ordered one this morning from eBay since Amazon wouldn't have it delivered in time before I head to Scheid's next week.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You think I don't have mine programmed or something right?? Mine just says streaming when on bt1 or bt2. If figured if any have that capability it would be the model I got since its supposed to be 300 bucks. Maybe I need to get the geek squad at best buy on call haha

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
You think I don't have mine programmed or something right?? Mine just says streaming when on bt1 or bt2. If figured if any have that capability it would be the model I got since its supposed to be 300 bucks. Maybe I need to get the geek squad at best buy on call haha

Did you try setting it to "IPODBT"