Anyone running their Iphone 5 throught bose?

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Got myself back in a LBZ today and I want to be able to hook up my iPhone 5 to the factory bose unit. I don't want to go aftermarket on the stereo like I always have, I want to keep the interior stock and simple.

Anyone have any ideas on products for running iPhone 5 through the stock bose? I have looked online and didn't see much, and I am thinking I would have it done professionally. Thanks

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Got myself back in a LBZ today and I want to be able to hook up my iPhone 5 to the factory bose unit. I don't want to go aftermarket on the stereo like I always have, I want to keep the interior stock and simple.

Anyone have any ideas on products for running iPhone 5 through the stock bose? I have looked online and didn't see much, and I am thinking I would have it done professionally. Thanks

On crutchfield I believe they offer a device that hooks into the back of the head or into the xm spot behind the glove box that allows iPod hook up. Let me try to find a link.

Edit: here you go

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_387850/iPod-Adapters-for-Factory-Radios.html

I don't think it'll work with a 5 but this is the type of device you're looking for.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ive used/have personal experience with MANY different GM factory radio aux input adapters, and ipod integration kits. USA-Spec, PAC, Axxess, iSimple, Denison, etc.... Ive used basically all of the available aux/ipod integration kits out there for the GM trucks/SUV's.

This one is BY FAR...HANDS DOWN...the best. You can keep factory XM, stream audio over bluetooth, bluetooth phone, shows title/artist info over the factory radio display, you can search for songs using the menu buttons on the factory radio...and in addition to the USB plug (for ipod or android phone), it ALSO has a regular 1/8" stereo input for DVD player, or an older phone that doesnt support the fancy USB stuff.

You can even use Pandora over bluetooth with it. And if you want to skip to the next Pandora song or station, you can do that all with the steering wheel controls or factory radio controls. The bluetooh pairing is perfect and works every time. You jump in the truck, start it up, and 5 seconds later it automatically starts playing music from your Ipod/Iphone/Android/whatever. The integration is flawless, and its very intuitive/easy to use too.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=26516

Like I said...I have experience with lots of different factory radio aux input adapters....and this one ^ kicks all the other ones' asses.

note....the link I posted is for the GMT-800 class 2 databus radios. (03-07 classic) They make the same adapter/same functionality for the 07.5+ GMLAN radios, but obviously its a different part number.

ben

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for the review, Ben. I just ordered one for my truck from Amazon for $103.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Ive used/have personal experience with MANY different GM factory radio aux input adapters, and ipod integration kits. USA-Spec, PAC, Axxess, iSimple, Denison, etc.... Ive used basically all of the available aux/ipod integration kits out there for the GM trucks/SUV's.

This one is BY FAR...HANDS DOWN...the best. You can keep factory XM, stream audio over bluetooth, bluetooth phone, shows title/artist info over the factory radio display, you can search for songs using the menu buttons on the factory radio...and in addition to the USB plug (for ipod or android phone), it ALSO has a regular 1/8" stereo input for DVD player, or an older phone that doesnt support the fancy USB stuff.

You can even use Pandora over bluetooth with it. And if you want to skip to the next Pandora song or station, you can do that all with the steering wheel controls or factory radio controls. The bluetooh pairing is perfect and works every time. You jump in the truck, start it up, and 5 seconds later it automatically starts playing music from your Ipod/Iphone/Android/whatever. The integration is flawless, and its very intuitive/easy to use too.

Like I said...I have experience with lots of different factory radio aux input adapters....and this one ^ kicks all the other ones' asses.

note....the link I posted is for the GMT-800 class 2 databus radios. (03-07 classic) They make the same adapter/same functionality for the 07.5+ GMLAN radios, but obviously its a different part number.

ben

Thanks ben, i figured you would know whats up with this stuff.
Thanks all, just ordered one. Excactly what i was looking for.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

ben

Thanks for that post :thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The USB plug in the mount also fits right in where the 12v outlet plug goes too. Its perfect....so you just take apart the 12v outlet on your center console, and you can glue the USB plug right in its place.

Like I said...considering how outdated the controls/interface/display is on the factory 2003-2007 Classic radios...its pretty amazing how smart/intuitive they designed the ipod interface. I wouldnt change anything about it at all...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm assuming this will work with a factory TNR from an Escalade with the Bose LUX amp. Please tell me I'm not wrong.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/de...skuId=9999204200050001&pid=pcmprd203000050001 I bought this one... It's only 150 at my bestbuy even though the time I bought it it was still advertised for 279 online. The guy in the store said for some reason it changed price the week before... It was cheaper then the corded one for 199 lol. I hooked up the USB into a spot by my airbag shut off. Stupid mistake, f that USB option... You dont need that option, nor the reset button i installed wither just looks dumb. havent found a need to reset it once yet. The receptical on it is real tight fitting and you can either use blue tooth or that not both... Like you can't use that port for charging anything while streaming music. That one that Ben posted is also listed for 105 at best buys website. I'm very happy with my purchase of the isgm51, but I don't have any other experience besides that single model. Ohh and this one also has av cables, but I didn't wire those in cause I don't need them

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I was afraid it would be quite and have to turn it up alot to hear it good when I bought. That's what I've been told about isimple. But the one I bought is perfect. I think it's isimples best model for class 2 vehicles.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
5ejyrary.jpg
one of these. Easiest possible install

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Sweet I may just be able to do it myself, I am going nuts without my music I don't even have my blank discs to burn and my 2 in 1 cant even burn with out an external drive.