2.8L Canyon Test Toy

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Before anybody asks, it can do the same burnout without the smoke, but why would we if we have full control of the ecm:happy2:

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I heard Scott at SDP blew his up, testing different twin configs. Hopefully you don't do the same.

Yeah there is definitely risk involved with taking on a new platform. No one knows the limits until someone does the testing & finds them. We do our testing on our own trucks so the customer doesn't have to experience those things.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Well I'm still waiting on the twins to show up. I had the Canyon on the dyno playing with the tunes. We're so limited by the stock turbo it's crap. We were making roughly 200 HP keeping EGT's in check. So my buddy David walks up & suggests we ghetto fog it. I think it's safe to say we set some kind of record for the stock motor. Put down 419 HP with 629 Ft-lbs of torque:D

Didn't hurt the motor but we will refrain from spraying it this hard.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well I'm still waiting on the twins to show up. I had the Canyon on the dyno playing with the tunes. We're so limited by the stock turbo it's crap. We were making roughly 200 HP keeping EGT's in check. So my buddy David walks up & suggests we ghetto fog it. I think it's safe to say we set some kind of record for the stock motor. Put down 419 HP with 629 Ft-lbs of torque:D

damn!!! :roflmao::roflmao:

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city

I bet it hauls some ass at 400hp lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

I suggest you upgrade the trans to a 6L80/90 while you're waiting on the turbos.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I suggest you upgrade the trans to a 6L80/90 while you're waiting on the turbos.

LOL I have to hurt something before it gets to come off. I'm not planning to push it like this until I get the twins on. Maybe I can match this number with fuel only & twins. Then we'll hurt the trans & build it.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Haha, that little guy not up for the horsetorques?

The trans hasn't thrown any fits yet. I have felt it do something weird when lugging it hard with the tc unlocked but I'm thinking it's just blowing through the converter. I'll know what that is when something lets go.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Any idea on when the twins will be there?

I'm thinking next week. The kit has been ready but Scott used it on his mock up motor to display the setup at a few events. He made some improvements to the down pipe & is also designing an emissions present twin kit using those parts so I understand the delay.

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
I'm thinking next week. The kit has been ready but Scott used it on his mock up motor to display the setup at a few events. He made some improvements to the down pipe & is also designing an emissions present twin kit using those parts so I understand the delay.

It was only a partial kit then anyways, just the powdercoated stuff and the rest wasn't ready to go on a truck. It took a bit for us to get some of the right parts after testing and set things up perfectly, no rushing here.

I'm blown away at how quick they respond while being smokeless with Aaron's tuning and the twins, very fun truck to drive. Trans feels great up to 280hp/500tq, but more than that and the converter doesn't seem to be happy with the TQ.

The only hiccup so far is a hurt engine which we seem to have under control now, I dropped the engine off with Guy, can't wait to see what the future brings.

Now to get Aaron some more parts, already breaking stock stuff!

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
It was only a partial kit then anyways, just the powdercoated stuff and the rest wasn't ready to go on a truck. It took a bit for us to get some of the right parts after testing and set things up perfectly, no rushing here.

I'm blown away at how quick they respond while being smokeless with Aaron's tuning and the twins, very fun truck to drive. Trans feels great up to 280hp/500tq, but more than that and the converter doesn't seem to be happy with the TQ.

The only hiccup so far is a hurt engine which we seem to have under control now, I dropped the engine off with Guy, can't wait to see what the future brings.

Now to get Aaron some more parts, already breaking stock stuff!

Yeah I've been too busy to get back on here. I got the twin kit on & first off fitment was perfect! There was not a single piece that could have fit better!

Drove around a few days on a tune that made 274 on the dyno. Made some more changes to the TCM tune. I've got it holding the torque a lot better. With a bit more testing I think we'll have a surprisingly strong transmission on our hands.

These trucks drive so nice with Scott's twin kit! It's a whole new animal when you can bring the power all the way through the rpm range. Now to the stock stuff we're already breaking, I blew up my intercooler Saturday morning on the dyno. This wouldn't bother me but I have more testing to do with the TCM tuning plus I was planning to take this thing down the track this coming weekend:(

I'm sure that nitrous pull the other day played a hand in shortening my intercooler's life lol

Last edited: